Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Conventions
Notices
Conventions Non BG Conventions included too!

Old April 27th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #1
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Default Fanzillacon 2004 needs warriors

http://www.fanzillacon.com

Quote:
Fanzillacon is the first international celebration of film fandom through film showcases, workshops, and celebrity appearances. The MassBay Film Project, our non-profit parent, is sponsoring this festival that salutes the films which have allowed this genre to reach new heights of what we like to call "fanboy love". We salute anyone who makes a truly awesome fan film "just for the love of the thing", putting months of work into something breathtakingly awesome from which they can never recoup a single dime. And we have the best of breed in every possible mythos: Star Wars, "Star Trek", "The Flintstones", The Matrix, "Sex and the City", Lord of the Rings... heck, you name it...it's in there!

Fanzillacon takes it all to the next level. How? Here are just a few of the things you can do:

Meet original "Battlestar Galactica" star Richard "Apollo" Hatch, who will be showing his own now-legendary "Battlestar" fan film, The Second Coming, and participate in one of his acting workshops.

Meet fan filmmakers like Rory Cejas (The Jedi Saga), Chris Hanel (The Formula Enriched), and more to be confirmed.

Attend workshops on creating studio-quality SFX using leading software programs like the Adobe Suite and/or Final Cut Pro.

Grok the Mok -- novelty songwriters extraordinaire Ookla the Mok (www.OTMFan.com).

Scope out cool fan art in the Artist Alley.

Buy cool stuff in our vendor rooms. .

At around five o'clock on Saturday, they clear the screening room for Richard Hatch's film presentations Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming and The Great War of Magellan.

After that, it's Miller Time, or, if you're drinking with Mr. Hatch, "Killian Time" (his ale of choice).
From the FAQ

Quote:
8. Can I wear a costume?

Let your bad fanboy self out. Polish up your Stormtrooper armor or take your Colonial Warrior outfit from the original "Battlestar Galactica" series out of mothballs. We will even be giving awards for the best and most creative costumes, with prizes aplenty.

9. Colonial Warriors can be on stage with Richard Hatch?

Yes. During Richard's presentation, an "honor guard" consisting of anyone dressed as a Colonial Warrior may take a seat behind his podium. (Cylons® will be subject to a whuppin.)
So if you have a Colonial Warriors outfit, head up to Worcester , MA on June 11-13th and take out some Cylons and STORMTROOPERS from the 501st Garrison. If you don't have an outfit come anyway, and have a good time.

Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:45 PM   #2
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

So is anyone going to this con from here?

Hey DarkJedi, could use your help with the Warrior outfits.

Jim
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:35 AM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

dilbertman: did you post this at battlestargalacticaclub.com? I think there are some New Englanders there.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 10:50 AM   #4
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
dilbertman: did you post this at battlestargalacticaclub.com? I think there are some New Englanders there.
Jewels

No I have not posted it at BGC.com, I do not post there. If you do, I would be greatful if you could repost this over there. If not I guess I will sign-up and post it.

Jim
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #5
jewels

Colonial Fleets

do you have time to do that? I'm a bit behind the eight ball....ugh.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old April 29th, 2004, 11:40 PM   #6
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
do you have time to do that? I'm a bit behind the eight ball....ugh.
Hey Jewels

I can go there in a few days and sign-up.

Jim
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:35 PM   #7
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

hhmmm after saying to take out my 501st guys... *sniffle* hhmmm

well there is a small problem.... its hard to find the ribbon that trims the collar and the matterial for the coats. But... if you find the material let me know and I will make it..
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:29 AM   #8
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJedi

well there is a small problem.... its hard to find the ribbon that trims the collar and the matterial for the coats. But... if you find the material let me know and I will make it..
I was talking about people you may know that have a warroir outfit already, and would like to there ass kicked by the 501st. Sorry for the :confused:ing post.

Jim :laugh:
Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:04 AM   #9
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJedi

Chris Pappas sells the braid....I think in the appropriate lengths even. He's the only one I remember seeing have it.

Wouldn't one of the new polyester faux suedes work on the jackets?

<<------is totally clueless about anything more difficult than sewing on a button. LOL

Jewels

Old May 4th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #10
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Jewels,

He sells the braiding?? hhmmmmm good to know... =)

The problem with the faux suede, you are looking at 8.00 per yard atleast. Plus the colors are a bit off but I am sure we can overlook that. I haven't found one in the jacket color, just the tan of the uniform and the dark brown that is used on the shoulders on the jacket. But the faux suede can be pricey unless you catch it during a sale and use a coupon on it or if they have it marked down.
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #11
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Hi

Just checking to see if anyone is going to this con besides me. BTW, if any of you post on other boards I would greatful if you could post my first post of this over there.

Thanks,

Jim
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #12
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

bump