Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old May 31st, 2005, 11:35 AM   #1
Breea
Bad Email Address

Default Special prayers

This maynot be the right place to post this but sorry..I have a very dear friend who is/was pregent with twins...They discovered a tumor pressing against her lungs and were forced to do a C-section this morning...As they were removing the tumor it burst and had they not already been in there removing the twins she would have bled to death.
The twins are barely 6 months old and are not doing very well..neither is Tracy.Please, Please keep them all in your prayers..No mother should have to bury her children.
Thanks,
Breea
Breea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:01 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Breea, Hang in there. Praying w/you.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:14 PM   #3
gmd3d
Major

My thoughts and prayers are for your friend and the Twins

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:49 PM   #4
julix
Bad Email Address

Oh Breea,
I will pray for you all
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:53 PM   #5
Breea
Bad Email Address

thanks..it's going to be rough..they're so little and frail..they're only 24 weeks..they aren't giving much hope. and i feel so helpless.
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:13 PM   #6
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

They must prepare the family for the worst case scenario. To do otherwise would be irresponsible (and open themselves to malpractice lawsuits).

24 weeks is very, very early, but how developed their lungs are is a real key, and the technology exists to help the lungs develop outside the womb. There are younger premies who pull through. Body weight is another factor.

But remember a Great Truth - as long as the heart continues to beat, there is hope. Infants the size of the palm of a hand, weighing in at mere ounces, have survived to live long, happy lives.

I shall hope with you.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 05:50 PM   #7
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Breea,
my grandma was born in 1919, weighed 1.5 lbs. Her mother died 3 days later (influenza epidemic). She lived into her mid 70s.

They have a lot more hi-tech support systems now, plus they know that the premies need human touch to thrive. 24 weeks is young. If they respond to the stuff to help their lungs develop their chances can be decent in this day & age. Pray with hope.

How's the mom, Tracy?

Jewels

Just like the great wise guru said: as long as their hearts beat, there is hope.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 05:50 PM   #8
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Breea,

My hopeful thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend, and those precious little ones.

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:06 PM   #9
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Will include them in my prayers.

I hope that your friend Tracy never finds out how it feels to bury a child. It's the toughest, most depressing thing I ever had to do.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM   #10
cranky1c
Warrior

I'm very sorry to hear about this. My son was born at 27 weeks. A co-worker of mine had twins at 23 weeks, another had tripplets in the early 20 weeks and lost one. What your friend is going through is just awfull, plain and simple. All you really can do is pray for the strength of your friend and the children. As others have said, the care of premies is a known science/art and children are stronger than we sometimes give them credit for. None of which reduces the feeling of utter helplesness which comes with this moment. Whatever the next few hours and days bring, the best thing you can do is be emotionally present and listen. There's no advice to give, and the comfort one can offer in a moment like this is sharing with mom that she doesn't have to endure it alone.

One of the things I remember most about my sons birth was when the OR nurse came out and congratulated me on being a father. My first though was "what are you, nuts!?" but it made me realize that whatever the circumstances, this was still the occasion of new life, and that it was still a moment that deserved to be recognized as such.

I hope that the next 48 hours bring news of survival and sustained strength.

There are a fair amount of internet and live support groups/resources for premie parents and their families/friends. It's been a few years since I've been more actively involved. But if you're interested PM me with your locale and I'll see what I can dig up in your area.

-Thinking of you,

C1C
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 09:44 PM   #11
Senmut
Strike Leader

Keep us posted, okay?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2005, 12:45 AM   #12
Haveke

I Think I can Speak for Everyone Here at the Fleets When I Say All Our Thoughts & Prayers Go Out to Tracy & Her Twins... And To You My Dear Breea: May GOD Bless & Keep You as Well... For You Have Shown Your Devotion to your Friend...

With your Simple Request, I Offer up all that I Have... a Simple Prayer... From the Heart... Those are the Ones that Mean the Most.

Hang in there

Jay
Old June 1st, 2005, 06:53 AM   #13
julix
Bad Email Address

Breea,
my son was 26 weeks and they gave him almost no chance this was in 1992...........tech has improved so much(I have a friend who had premie twins just 3 years later, and they had less problems)My son overcame so much......he had every complication you could have. He had so many complications, that when his intinsine burst and they needed to do emergency surgery to save his life............the doctor asked me if I even wanted them to operate(or just let him die)I told him he did need to operate, I had to give him that chance and then I went to my son and said if you need to go I will let you and understand but I am taking this chance for you. Well he did live and he is a fighter and after that I saw if he wasn't gonna give up neither would I. The doctors thought he would never walk or talk(I didn't believe them-well, I treated Chris like I didn't believe it)
He is now almost 13 and does walk(with a slight limp) and two time school spelling bee champion and reads at adult level, I say all this because it is healing for me, but because you can never give up hope(or for me faith)My son has his challenges, everyone does really......but he is the most loving and sensitive person I have ever known. I pray that the babies will be safe and healthy.
Old June 1st, 2005, 08:01 AM   #14
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
Breea,
my son was 26 weeks and they gave him almost no chance this was in 1992...........tech has improved so much(I have a friend who had premie twins just 3 years later, and they had less problems)My son overcame so much......he had every complication you could have. He had so many complications, that when his intinsine burst and they needed to do emergency surgery to save his life............the doctor asked me if I even wanted them to operate(or just let him die)I told him he did need to operate, I had to give him that chance and then I went to my son and said if you need to go I will let you and understand but I am taking this chance for you. Well he did live and he is a fighter and after that I saw if he wasn't gonna give up neither would I. The doctors thought he would never walk or talk(I didn't believe them-well, I treated Chris like I didn't believe it)
He is now almost 13 and does walk(with a slight limp) and two time school spelling bee champion and reads at adult level, I say all this because it is healing for me, but because you can never give up hope(or for me faith)My son has his challenges, everyone does really......but he is the most loving and sensitive person I have ever known. I pray that the babies will be safe and healthy.

Julix I admire your Strength and your son . we always need hope and the will to survive is easer. when you have family and friends to support you.

Old June 1st, 2005, 01:52 PM   #15
julix
Bad Email Address

Thanks Taranis it has been challenging but what in life that is worth anything isnt?
Old June 1st, 2005, 02:05 PM   #16
gmd3d
Major

Yes it is.

Old June 1st, 2005, 03:15 PM   #17
Breea
Bad Email Address

What can I say?? Yopu all are the greatest , most caring people around..With any luck Tracy may get to come home...Blaine was so rattled when he called I thought they had taken the tumor but she has to wait and build herself up before she can have the surgery...
So far the little ones are holding their own..but with each day they get a little stronger..For those of you who can't imagine how tiny they are..Blaine took off his wedding band and plaved it over his daughter's wrist and hand all the way up to her shoulder.
Thanks for all of your prayers...I'd be lost with out all of you..
Love to you all,
Breea
Old June 2nd, 2005, 02:05 AM   #18
gmd3d
Major

There is good people here that really care for one another. It been something I feel regret for that I may never meet many many of you in the flesh. Unless I or you win the lotto.

I am delight the babes are holding there own. and your discription of Blaine wedding ring on his daughters arm is very thought provocting. I will continue to think warm and hopeful thoughts and prayers for the mother and child health and recovery and the continued strength of the father.

Old June 2nd, 2005, 03:38 AM   #19
bsg1fan1975
Major

Breea, my prayers are with your friend and her family.

I know what she is going through is very hard. My two nephews were preemies, one was born two days after my birthday in 1990 and the youngest was born 10 days before mine in 1995. Jake, who is the elder, weighed less than his brother but today you would never know it as he is as nearly tall as me! Teddy, the younger of the two, wears a brace on his right leg because of slight cerebal palsy is not far behind his brother in height. Both were in my wedding party last year. Teddy was the ring bearer and Jake was an usher and sacrement bearer for the ceremony.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2005, 04:20 AM   #20
gmd3d
Major

Nice to here these storys

Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:58 AM   #21
bsg1fan1975
Major

yeah it is when it could have been much different for these poor kids who may not have survived long ago.

Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM   #22
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Breea,
My most positive and encouraging thoughts are with your friend and her family. The best of luck to them.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 11:26 AM   #23
Breea
Bad Email Address

Last Monday, Jessie started having seizures and it's with a sad heart I must tell you that Jessie passed away at 8 am EST this morning. He fought such a hard battle but his little heart could just not hold on.. Thanks you for all your thoughts and prayers..please keep Madison in them still..she has lost a few oz.'s and therrre is some consern about if her vision has been affected.
Love all of you ,
Breea
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #24
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

I'm sorry to hear this, Breea.

Fear not, though, for Jessie is safely nestled in the arms of the Lord.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #25
julix
Bad Email Address

sorry to hear the news........I will keep you all in my prayers.
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #26
bsg1fan1975
Major

i'm sorry to hear about Jessie and will be praying for the other child.

Old June 13th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #27
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
I'm sorry to hear this, Breea.

Fear not, though, for Jessie is safely nestled in the arms of the Lord.

Amen, BST.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2005, 08:24 AM   #28
TopGun
Strike Leader

My thoughts are with all people involved