Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old February 14th, 2005, 04:09 AM   #61
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG
Congratulations Kitty!

I've just been reading about your fall out with your friend. I'm speechless at her appalling behaviour! She should be ashamed of herself. I think it was generous of you to still invite them, I'm not sure I would. But just to repeat what everybody else has already said, this is YOUR big day, if your friend can't realize this then she has serious problems. Don't lose any sleep, or even waste a second worrying about it. Just enjoy a once in a lifetime experience.

You said your fiance is in the forces. Will he be in dress uniform on the big day? My brother wore his Army dress uniform at his wedding, and it really makes a man look great! The rest of us guys looked plain ordinary in comparison!

So, just one month to go! Are you having a hen night? Or are you too much of a lady?
The Manor House looks ideal, it will be a lovley setting.

My very best wishes.
BRG

Thanks BRG. Welcome to Fleets from me (a little late, I know). Is your brother still serving and what regiment is he in? My fiance is in the Royal Engineers.

He will be wearing his Number One dress uniform for the day and he has an evening uniform (the one which he wore, when he proposed to me), which he may change into for the night do. His best man, is also in the forces, so he will also be in his uniform. They will look absolutely dashing, especially my man! He has alot of medals, so its just as well he has a broad chest to put them all on. I am not sure if he will wear the cap. My fiance is a tall man, just under 6ft6, and I wonder if it will make him look even bigger. He is a foot taller than me.

As to the Hen night, it must be done! We will be out this weekend. Not all my friends can come, so I am having it in 2 parts. The first part is the cultured lady night. The second part (which will be the rowdy one) will be the weekend before the wedding. He will be having his stag this weekend also. We will be going to different places, so not to bump into each other. I just hope his friends dont do something horrible to him, like shave his eyebrow or handcuff him naked to a lamp post! You hear all sort of stories.

Uno and Archangel, its a shame you cant come over, we would have loved to have you. Be assured that we will toast our absent friends.
Uno, remember when I took you to Bletchley Park? They do weddings there, can you believe that? I must admit, it is expensive.
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2005, 04:48 AM   #62
BRG
Warrior

Thumbs up

Thanks Kitty!

Ah! A stag night with a load of British Squaddies, that should be a quiet night out! While I have no doubt his mates will have a wee 'suprise' for him to mark the end of his bachelor days, they will make sure he makes it to his wedding in one piece. And as for your hen night, let your hair down lass! P Paint the town red!

As for my wee brother, yes he is still serving. He is in Army Intelligence(The Green Slime!) based in Chelsea, London. I think he also got married in his Number One dress, it was a dark blue uniform with a white belt & gloves. He wore his beret only as he stood at the alter waiting for his wife, when the ceremony started he removed it along wirh his gloves. You can see why the Royals get married in uniform, nothing looks better on a man.
BRG

PS- Your last Valentines Day as single people Kitty, anything special planed?
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #63
Rowan
On Vacation...

Oh Sorrell I'm so excited for you so sorry I can't be there but I will be there in spirit
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2005, 06:26 AM   #64
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty
Uno, remember when I took you to Bletchley Park? They do weddings there, can you believe that? I must admit, it is expensive.

They do?! I wonder if a lot of math and history buffs have their weddings there? Did you ever get around to going back on a weekend when all the smaller museums were open? That place is just too big to see in a couple of hours, but it was very interesting. I keep meaning to read more on the place, but lately I haven't been able to find the time to stop and take a few deep breaths, never mind read a weighty tome about cryptology & WWII!

Best of luck to you and yours, kitty. I will be there in spirit, at least!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:32 AM   #65
bsg1fan1975
Major

glad to hear that everything is going well. I have been majorly busy lately so that is why I have not been around much. RL has thrown me a major curve ball!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:52 AM   #66
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Oh Sorrell I'm so excited for you so sorry I can't be there but I will be there in spirit
I will show photos of my big day, when I get them for those who want to see. Just remind me .
The hen and stag nights went without a hitch and I am glad to report that my fiance was left intact, and that includes his eyebrows! He also was not handcuffed in a compromising situation to a lamp post! So I was extremely relieved!

We have just over a week now until we tie the knot, and time is going fast. Everything is more or less paid for and the final arrangements have been confirmed.
Now all I have to worry about is; whether he turns up, pray that the weather improves and that nothing goes wrong. I am also worrying about how nervous or emotional I will get.
Does anyone have any tips?
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 08:56 AM   #67
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

Sorry I will soon be asking you for tips ..so keep notes

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:15 AM   #68
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Congrats Kitty.

Tips: Try to enjoy the day. It goes by quickly. Have some mutual rest time in your honeymoon. Just time to hang out and enjoy each other.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:19 AM   #69
TopGun
Strike Leader

Congrats, that is great news
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:32 AM   #70
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

A week to go . Wonderful I wish I could be there to see you marry and start a new life together ... Enjoy and have a super time

Old March 2nd, 2005, 11:08 PM   #71
onepath
Warrior Ace

Heart

Quote:
I will show photos of my big day, when I get them for those who want to see. Just remind me .
The hen and stag nights went without a hitch and I am glad to report that my fiance was left intact, and that includes his eyebrows! He also was not handcuffed in a compromising situation to a lamp post! So I was extremely relieved!

We have just over a week now until we tie the knot, and time is going fast. Everything is more or less paid for and the final arrangements have been confirmed.
Now all I have to worry about is; whether he turns up, pray that the weather improves and that nothing goes wrong. I am also worrying about how nervous or emotional I will get.
hell be mad not to turn up, im sure hell be there bright and early to make sure everything is on the ball

One never knows what each day is going to bring. The important thing is to be open and ready for it.
onepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:53 AM   #72
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
I just thought that I should share my great news with all my friends here at Fleets.

This little Kitty is a very happy feline. The cat that has got the cream!

On Saturday, the man of my dreams got down on bended knee and asked me to marry him. What was a girl to do?
Obviously, I said YES!
I am now the proud wearer of a beautiful diamond ring, and cant wait to marry my Mr Right/ Perfect.
Sweeeeeeeeet! Congratulations! May your life together be one continuous. purr!

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #73
bsg1fan1975
Major

Wink

Quote:

The best tip I can give you is to expect the worst, like a delay in the wedding getting started on time or the weather isn't going to co-operate. Take this from experience as I know what it is like as we had a half an hour delay the day I tied the knot last June. But all in all I wish you and your fiance the best!

Old March 6th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #74
Rowan
On Vacation...

5 Days and counting!!
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:55 AM   #75
bsg1fan1975
Major

Wink

4 Days
and
Counting!

Old March 7th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #76
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Geez, you miss so much here when RL takes over.

'Grats to you Kitty! I hope things go well on Friday.

And by all means--POST PICS!
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 12:33 AM   #77
onepath
Warrior Ace

Heart

3 DAYS TO GO !

One never knows what each day is going to bring. The important thing is to be open and ready for it.
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:06 AM   #78
bsg1fan1975
Major

Big Grin

2 days to go!

Good luck and best wishes!

Old March 10th, 2005, 11:13 PM   #79
Rowan
On Vacation...

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!!

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!

Old March 11th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #80
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

MY FAIR LADY :

I'm getting married in the morning!
Ding dong! The bells are gonna chime.
Pull out the stopper!
Let's have a whopper!
But get me to the church on time!
I gotta be there in the mornin'

tomorrow , tomorrow WOW have a wonderful lovery day

From Taranis and his lady

Old March 11th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #81
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Kitty.....I truly hope that today went well...and that you are happy for ever and ever.....
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2005, 06:24 PM   #82
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Those pics are beautiful. I don't think it looks bleak at all.

Quote:
Here are some photos of the Manor House.
We took them last week, so on the day, it shouldnt look as bleak, as it does now in winter.

The drive way is lovely, you can see the manor house through the trees. I hope they have a load of spring bulbs along it!

(Thanks Martok for your help )
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #83
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
Kitty.....I truly hope that today went well...and that you are happy for ever and ever.....

I so agree. I'll keep you sweet Kitty in my prayers for a wonderful, happy and blessed life.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #84
gmd3d
Major

Have a long and wonderful lives together .

Old March 15th, 2005, 05:09 AM   #85
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Heart

Oh, wait until you guys see how incredibly happy and gorgeous kitty and her man looked! Like a princess and her prince! She was glowing with happiness and so was he! My best wishes to the newlyweds, may all their dreams come true together!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

Old March 15th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #86
onepath
Warrior Ace

Heart what all of you guys have been waiting for........

THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!

Old March 15th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #87
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

You both look great. kitty you look beautiful . we are very happy for you both

Old March 16th, 2005, 05:01 AM   #88
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Told you guys they looked like a princess & her prince! Congrats again, my friends!!!

Old March 16th, 2005, 06:36 AM   #89
BRG
Warrior

Thumbs up

Congratulations! You look lovely Kitty.

My very best wishes.
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #90
bsg1fan1975
Major

kitty you looked very lovely and onepath you look as good in your uniform as good as mine does in his!