Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 16th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #31
sihirvyth2

Default Re: Wondering

Quote:
Originally posted by xenagabby99
Now is it just me or did anybody else when they saw that Boomer was a cylon (that is after getting over the initial train wreck it caused) try coming up with other options other than Boomer being a cylon! I was on the phone with my brother and we were coming up with the most craziest stuff anyone has ever heard trying to deny that our Boomer on the Galactica was a cylon. Just wondering if anyone shares those same feelings.
I thought it was nutty when I read the script, but after seeing the chemistry between Tyrol and Boomer I think this will be a great plot device if it's handled correctly. How they write it will be the key.

Still ticked they killed of Helo, however. I think he had alot of potential.
Old December 16th, 2003, 12:21 PM   #32
Dean Martin
Warrior

Quote:
Still ticked they killed of Helo, however. I think he had alot of potential.
Did you see Helo's body? Maybe he isn't dead....
Dean Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 02:25 PM   #33
AJBryant
Bad Email Address

>>I don't believe the boomer on board the Galactica is a Cylon. I think that number 6 saw Boomer on the planet and they decided to duplicate her then.

Ummm... when exactly would that have been? Boomer was on the planet for only a while, and encountered only a handful of survivors. It's pretty clear that Six wasn't there; that was in Baltar's mind. If you'd notice, he saw her, then she wasn't there when he looked again.

Tony
AJBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 02:47 PM   #34
xenagabby99
Shuttle Pilot

Default Wait

I think we'll just have to hopefully wait and see on that one. I mean she might not be a cylon which would be great or she might be which still would be an interesting storyline, but anyway it turns out it seems the writers have some interesting twists up their sleeves so the exact definition of what's going on might not even have been brought up yet by anyone. There are sooo many possibilities. Six may have been in Baltar's mind but I don't know there was just something about certain things she said and did that made it seem like she was only revealing herself to him and could see what was going on and if that's the case the duplication option is not out of the question. Oh the joy in waiting for answers.
xenagabby99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #35
Antelope

Default Boomer is a cylon and knows it?

I am just speculating but I think it is at least a 50% chance Boomer may know she is a cylon. Her mission during the attack may have been to pick up Boxey, another cylon. The Galactica as a whole may have been allowed to escape or is getting assistance from turned cylons. Some or all of the cylons on board may not support the goals of the cylon government. Even if they turn or already did fear of being killed by colonials stops them from speaking out either now or in the future until they are caught.
Old December 17th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #36
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Nope.

IMHO it is Dualla. Boomer was never on the bridge. The device was near her station.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 03:54 AM   #37
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Default 12 cylon models

Ok,
check the final scene when they reveal the new Boomer to have a Cylon model.They show several "copies" of six and the others.
I didn't get a solid count watching it the second time,so someone please help me out.It seemed like they can have 2 or 3 other models in the mix,assuming Boomer on the ship is in fact Cylon.
In the opening scene,wasn't that copy of "six" blown up with Armistice Station? If so,that would leave eleven,and they showed us most of them.
There may even be some symetry in the number of each model made,so maybe a few more "Boomer" copies?

Any speculation?
Old December 18th, 2003, 03:59 AM   #38
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Default Okay,maybe I just don't get it.

Maybe I am just misunderstanding things.
Maybe there are 12 different styles.
I had taken it as being only 12 human-type Cylons.
Anyone have a definite answer?
Old December 18th, 2003, 09:33 AM   #39
Domiano
Bad Email Address

Someone left a note on Adama's desk saying," There are 12 Cylon models."( COUGH: Baltar: COUGH)

Six is number 6 of that model or Cylon model # 6? And Boxey a cylon? Anyone could be a cylon, even Lee but I doubt that. So far we have seen four Cylon models and that leaves eight more. If this goes to series, I doubt they are going to reveal the other eight models at one time, more than likely it will take two seasons to show us atleast 6 of those.
Domiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 10:01 AM   #40
sihirvyth2

Sorry if someone already brought this up. But is it really clear that Baltar knew Doral was a Cylon or if he had a surefire way to test who is a Cylon?

Hypothetically, when Adama ordered everyone to be tested, Boomer should show up as a Cylon. This seems like more of a long term plot device, and not something that will be dealt with right away. So at the moment I'm leaning towards Baltar just getting lucky.

I'm just curious how everyone else feels, because due to the glowing red spine thing, the whole Cylon identification being hard to do seems somewhat odd.
Old December 18th, 2003, 12:21 PM   #41
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Wasn't Six also killed on Caprica when she shoved Baltar to the floor?
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 01:20 PM   #42
Antelope

Default Don't assume anything!

I think the guessing game will be part of the new series for the viewer. I think we will see lots of clues which may lead to cylons or nowhere. The cylon agenda may be the underlying theme of the series. Did Cylon 6 die on Caprica? At this point the answer is maybe. Did a cylon 6 die on the Space Station? I think so but I won't guarantee it. Does Boltar have a chip in his head? Did Boltar simply have a nervous breakdown? Is Boltar a cylon (switch)? Did he get lucky when he picked Doral or was that part of a plan to get him off the Galactica? Why did they want Doral off the Galactica?

At this point I see nothing that PROVES the human-cylons are anything more than humans. Maybe the cylons made real humans. Why was a cylon at Ragnar? A lone cylon would not need to be there unless it was meant for him to meet the humans when they showed up. The whole "brain meltdown" might have been staged to give them a false sense of convidence in that you could identify cylons or simply to give Boltar an in with the command staff of the Galactica.

I look forward to finding the real answer.
Old December 18th, 2003, 01:29 PM   #43
Antelope

Default Boltar's Test

Boltar does not have a test to tell who is a cylon. He picked Doral because he was the easiest target. Cylon 6 told him, "I never saw him at any cylon parties." The Galactica med staff couldn't see anything different about him either. Boltar's goal when fingering Doral was to remove the "cylon" device installed at the CIC at the request of the Cylon 6 character in his head. Since we don't know what the device's purpose was its removal may or may not help the Galactica. What if it's removal activated a cylon homing device?
Old December 18th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #44
callsignfalcon
Warrior

I've personally thought the guy with the tie... the presidents aide was a cylon (I vocalized that thought to the annoyance of my parents amidst watching the mini)... that would explain how it COULD have gotten there(the two's relationship).... tho it was said to have been 'noticed about a week ago... i thought it was part of the museum' .... so it could have been someone working on the museum as well.
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #45
Intersun

umm ... we have seen 5 models of Cylon.

1. old show version (seen in the museum and in the envoy's info packet and mentioned as still being used in the Cylon empire.)
2. robot (new version)
3. blond chick
4. AI fighter
5. reporter
6. guy on the anchorage
7. boomer ... who is a sleeper ... a la alQueda

it is certainly possible that one might be a sleeper and not know it ... especially if the Cylons are artificial quasi cyborg clones

and who's to say what a cylon would think/do if they discovered that they were one ... having grown up around humans all the time might make them less interested in destroying the remainder of humanity (or at least betraying them)

what about the attack ships? didn't one of the Viper pilots say that they had no cockpit? i.e. the ship itself was a robot? Wouldn't that make model 7?

F.

(I re-edited the list above since I forgot that they mentioned that the old version was still in use doing menial tasks and I am not differentiating between the silver ones and the gold ones)

Last edited by LucianG; December 18th, 2003 at 05:45 PM..
Old December 18th, 2003, 05:35 PM   #46
callsignfalcon
Warrior

I believe the '12' models refers to the human-looking model

EDIT:
I just checked my taped version... at the end Adama opens a note that says:

'There are only 12 Cylon Models'

It could be taken as HUMAN or ALL... I lean toward 12 human models myself tho.... it just seems with all the robotic type models there would be more than 12 total.... thats just me tho...

Last edited by callsignfalcon; December 18th, 2003 at 05:45 PM..
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #47
Intersun

they said 12 models ... not 12 human models
Old December 18th, 2003, 05:47 PM   #48
Intersun

of course the Galactica and survivors only know about:

1. old version
2. #six
3. guy on the anchorage
4. reporter
5. attack ship (if it is considered one of the 12)

only the envoy saw the new robot version ... and he got crunched.

(sorry for my free-associative thought style here)