Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 14th, 2003, 04:35 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default Instead of SciFi Channel may I suggest... TNN?

We've all been screwed and royally yanked around by Bonnie Hammer and SciFi Channel.

Add to that even independent of this, the programming at Scifi really sucks. Except for Stargate and the now cancelled Farscape, that channel has given us some real lemons in terms of programming. Dream Team, John Edwards, Scare Tactics....

But now TNN has got Star Trek: Next Generation. And it just got Seven Days. It has Highlander and is even airing Dragonslayer this week.

I plan to watch TNN now instead of Scifi. I'll still watch Stargate, but Scifi sucks now. Why put up with bad programming AND bad attitude?

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2003, 08:06 AM   #2
Boxey

I agree with ya there thomas7g and besides TNN also has WWE Wrestling on Monday Nights.
Old April 17th, 2003, 01:52 PM   #3
sdoziernc1
Bad Email Address

Default TNN?

You mean Spike TV?
sdoziernc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2003, 02:14 PM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Re: TNN?

Quote:
Originally posted by sdoziernc1
You mean Spike TV?
I heard that TNN is changing it's name in June to The Spike network due to poor ratings.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2003, 03:41 PM   #5
Boxey

Spike TV?Hmmm interesting.
Old April 17th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #6
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default On The Scifi Channel " Alternative TV" is good but 'Stupid'

I. E. "Tremors" isn’t performing quite as well as it’s debut.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...=scare_tactics

The premiere of "Scare Tactics," the Shannen Doherty-hosted series that plays ghoulish pranks on unsuspecting people, chalked up solid Nielsens for the Sci Fi Channel on Friday. But the second week of the network's new "Tremors: The Series" fell off considerably the same night after a stellar debut.

First the good news: "Scare Tactics" brought in 2.16 million total viewers for its two back-to-back original half-hours April 4 at 10 p.m., numbers 50% higher than Sci Fi's primetime average. Program also funneled more people 18 to 49 -- 1.37 million -- to the network than any other original series premiere in Sci Fi's history.

On the other hand, "Tremors" harvested 2.43 million total viewers over two hours during its two-episode premiere week, but the series managed to deliver only 1.6 million a week later from 9-10 p.m. Dropoff may cause Sci Fi to reschedule the Wednesday primetime repeat of the "Tremors" episode, which now comes just two days before the new episode airs.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote