Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old September 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Unimatrix
Bad Email Address

Default coming to a video iPod near you

I did this in about 20 minutes. Long story short. I had alot of left over crap from video projects taking up 25GB on by Powerbook's HD so I wiped it and reinstaleld OSX 10.4. What I didn't know, that doesn't reinstall iLife '05. So I was stuck without iMovie (my primary video capture and rough editing tool) and iDVD.

I bought the bullet and bought the iLife '06 family pack (I have 4 Mac's) and installed the updates and decided to play around with them. I took some test shots from a little animation project I'm working on and created this:

Enjoy:

http://www.blenderxgrid.com/BSGOlympia-teaser.mov
Unimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:40 PM   #2
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

Sounds good, i like the quick shot of the Vipers firing
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #3
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

My ipod and my Mac anxiously await this!
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:17 PM   #4
Unimatrix
Bad Email Address

So far, most of what we have are test shots. For instance, that viper firing pass was 300 frames or 10seconds NTSC and way slow when played at normal speed. So we sped it up into a 3 second clip. Also I think we rendered that without motion blur (forgot to click the button in the file before sending it to ResPower)

We got back the first 45 seconds of animation this past weekend. This week will be post production, adding more booms, and next weekend editing together the first minute or so.

Our next step is to get what we call "base shots". Like two Cylon raiders passing, two or three vipers passing, and stuff like that can be used a 4 - 5 clips when needed in any video.

The next week will be rendering specific battle squences. I've been going back and looking at the Miniseries and the battles in season II to watch frame by frame and notice how imperfect things are. Make me feel better.

Although I'm used to rendering simulations (the company I worked for did a lot of medical animations and work for lawyers of simulations of car wrecks) so doing work for cinamatic squences is a new challenge.

Furthermore, I'm testing some plug in extentions in iMovie, in particular a masking and Chroma Key tool that's $10 for the plug-ins. $100 for iLife and plug ins is a heck of a lot cheaper than $1000 for FCP. And since I can do lots of sound tracks in Garageband over an iMovie project now...

Considering we'll be doing effects with Effects lab pro in the future, I'm beginning to wonder how much I'm going to break out my copy of FCP 4.5.
Old September 15th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #5
Unimatrix
Bad Email Address

Default Some updates on the project

So far about 1 min of the video is rendered, after a lot of rerendering of scenes to fix mistakes and oversights and is in FCP in a rough cut with the original music in the back ground. I have several more minutes worth of shots at Respower being rendered right night. Next week will be spent fixing any other mistakes and adding sound effects. I am shooting for release of Episode I the first week of October.

Here is a teaser shot. I call the work: When Vipers Attack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vipersattack.jpg (25.4 KB, 20 views)
Old September 15th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #6
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Nice!
Old October 9th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #7
Unimatrix
Bad Email Address

More Screen Shots