Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 27th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #1
forbin

Default Really Pointless Ron Moore Interview

For a really pointless and tongue in cheek interview ..

http://www.stallioncornell.com/board...opic.php?t=179

Cheers
Eric
forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2004, 01:27 AM   #2
ViperTech

Profound insight and high comedy there. (Yawn) I expect moore of the same in the upcoming series.

Somehow, I see an episode with political scandal between the President,
Lee Apollo-Adama and Starbuck's cigar since they won't be able to afford to have, you know, space battles. (Double yawn).

Frack Me!
Old February 28th, 2004, 05:50 AM   #3
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

This is the very reason that i do not want Ron Moore messing anymore with the TOS. Leave the episodes to themselves. DO NOT take anything from the TOS any longer Ron. If you truely think you've got a great thing going then let the mini stand on it's own two feet.

Old February 28th, 2004, 05:59 AM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
This is the very reason that i do not want Ron Moore messing anymore with the TOS. Leave the episodes to themselves. DO NOT take anything from the TOS any longer Ron. If you truely think you've got a great thing going then let the mini stand on it's own two feet.

The mini couldn't stand on it's own two feet if it had crutches. Leave it to Ron to mess with the classic episodes. Lord knows what he will do to the Living Legend. Probably they have Kate Mulgrew signed to play a female Cain. I for one don't want to see any TOS star on his show because that would be giving the thingy credibility. I could have gone for the DeSanto version with the Apollo as a Cylon because it is feasible. It worked for Star Wars(Vader was once Anakin Skywalker who is redeemed at the end by Luke and fufills the prophecy of bringing balance to the force). Serina and Orin(Boxey) would have been the factors contributing to Apollo returning to the Colonials. What Moore has done is simply take a great concept and turn it into a stagnant story with no emotions or characters that one can like. TOS had emotion that ran like a river. The acting from Greene, Hatch, Carter, and Benedict should have won them awards.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:01 AM   #5
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Speaking of Kate Mulgrew, did you see that Voyager season 1 is finally here on dvd?

Someone can probably slap me if they want but i truely liked Voyager.

Old February 28th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Speaking of Kate Mulgrew, did you see that Voyager season 1 is finally here on dvd?

I did too and , in general, I liked Voyager. My only "problem" with it was that I think they spent way too much time on the Janeway / 7 storyline. One other item I felt let down with, was the very ending. It just seemed a little "oh, we made it back". I expected a little more tears of joy and excitement after exitting the transwarp conduit back in the Alpha Quadrant.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:14 AM   #7
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Well, I yield to a basic hormonal response about so much of Trek. 7 of 9, T'Pol, Dax, all eye candy. If only they worked in more Orion slave girls into the stories.
I just hated it when they had Jeri sing, not that she was bad at it, but they really didn't have to even give her a speaking role.
Old February 28th, 2004, 07:34 AM   #8
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:

Don -

I liked Voyager too - especially when it came to watching Kate Mulgrew do her stuff onscreen. She was a wonderful asset to the show. Oh, I know for some, she lacked the "babe factor", but she always did it for me. I liked how the crew worked together and became almost like a "family". My only real dissapointment with Voyager was the way they ended it - I felt like the fans got cheated when Voyager returned home at the last minute of the finale episode. I would have loved to see some reunions with loved ones, etc...

I know that there were a lot of folks that didn't think Voyager was "all that and a bag of chips", but I even enjoyed it when UPN put it into 5 day reruns for a while. They did the right thing though when they stopped running it and allowed it to fade away before releasing the DVD set - it gave time for folks to "miss" it a bit first.

Best,
Bryan
________
FIRST VAPORIZER
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote