Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 26th, 2003, 01:11 AM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default Saturday at the con!!!

i have to say this fast cause I have to run back to the con in 6 hours and I live an hours away. And cause of fatigue I need a little sleep if I wanna drive for so long back home safetly.

I did mess up this morning. I lost alot of sleep over the last few days and it caught up with me and I missed the Hatch panel. I missed the War of Magellan trailer and the second Coming! Frack.

But I got to see the panel with all the stars! it was fun!

some cute notes off the top of my head. Anne Lockhart was very cute. All the women were (anne laockhart, Sarah Rush, and Laurette spang). But when Sarah was talking about what she has done since Galactica, a poor very very embarrassed and blushing Anne Lockhart had to take a call from her kid. She was so embarrassed as everyone was laughing at her. She tried to bend down so the table blocked her, but it was no help.

jack Stauffer and Richard hatch teased each other about hairpiece vs dye job work.

Dirk tease Laurette about the lust they had for each other behind the scenes. He went on and on for a minute or two. Lautette then grabbed the mike and said jokkingly, "I think we've had enough of that, Dirk." Then Dirk teased "That's not the only time you said that to me!" Then we all laughed and she died a thousand blushes!

Tom DeSantos showed ALOT of good stuff. He showed a ton of preproduction art from his Galactica version. it was awsome. And he showed the footage that Foundation Imaging and Eclipse(?) did in cgi work. The footage was insanely good. The Raider, Viper and the Galactica were all 100% authentic to the original series. But it was full cgi and moved doing incredible manuevers. Great battle scenes. One followed a trail of raiders as they attacked the galactica. The camera followed close behind them as each one was picked off by the galactica turrets until the last one rammed right below the Galactica name on the port side. Looked JUST like the series.

There also a scene where a viper was be chased by a raider as it flew past the galactica, so it did a emergancy 180 so that it was flying backwards and then blew apart the raider.

There was also a new design for the Baseships. They look like they did, but no big openings for hanger bays. instead the design was inspired by what he saw of bats in a cave. Thousands of cylon ships would dock on the bottom saucer underneath it. Since they are machines pluged into their cockpits they didn't need to leave the ship. Then when an alert came they would all drop off the bottom like when bats in a cave are disturbed. Cool eh?

oh! there was a scene for when raiders would ram one of those film can ships, but this one was carrying water. And as the wet explosion froze it would create a million shards that would destroy the squadron chasing it.

Sadly Tom Desantos went through the history of his BG. I'll have to try to remember everything later, but the gist is they had started production. They had sets partly built. They had two vipers 2/3 done. Then September 11th hit. 9-11. And they were so distraut that broke their ability to get much done for a month. And then that made it apparent that they couldn't get enough work done before Tom had to go to XMEN.

Then they gave it to Moore. And they destroyed those new viper mockups.

Also... sadly... Desantos revealed that he got a phone call from Jane Seymour who said that even though she was killed off, she wanted to come back. And Tom was delighted and was going to make her an angel on the ship of lights. (This idea was echoed by one of Hatch's books but it was seperate thinking)

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2003, 02:40 AM   #2
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

oph... and cylon raiders look the same but the wings are more angular and reinforced to RAM through vipers.

The pilots also have alot of electronic and locking ports so when they sit they literally become part of the raider.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2003, 05:06 AM   #3
amberstar
Strike Leader

Sounds amazing Tom! I wish I could've been there too. Thank you for the report, I hope you get some sleep soon.
DeSanto sounds like the man for the job of a continuation. Hope everyone has their letters ready to go on the 28th.
Amber
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:08 PM   #4
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Yep, I agree. De Santo's sounds like the man. And definitely he and Glenn Larson could do a good Galactica for all us. I'm really crossing fingers so we can't see something from this two. And who knows, maybe after seeing a movie someone could think a series is not such a bad idea.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote