Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 26th, 2003, 08:43 PM   #1
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Default UK Preminer Date For Minni Announced.

I will be posting something about this at Sci Fi Pulse tommorrow. However I have found out when the mini will be shown here in the UK. So for any UK Members of this board the information is below.

16 and 17th of February on the Sky Premier 2 channel, which is a part of both Sky Satalite and NTL Cable Television. Please note that you will need to be a subscriber to the channel mentioned. I am not, but I will have probably seen the mini by that point anything to satisfy my morbid curiosity.

Now time has been mentioned, but for the moment those are the two dates that RDM fans need to note down in their calenders.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2003, 12:32 AM   #2
sharpe26
Shuttle Pilot

nothing on the bbc?
sharpe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2003, 10:59 AM   #3
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

SciFiPulse.net

No sorry the BBC only shows quality television, well they claim to only show quality TV anyhow. But fear not because I sense quite a bit of the BBC's money is going into the Dr Who Revival.

Old December 27th, 2003, 01:25 PM   #4
sharpe26
Shuttle Pilot

that's too bad. I only get the 2 bbc channels. Oh well, good things come to those who wait.
sharpe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2003, 08:32 PM   #5
Michael Hinman
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally posted by BSG_Sci_FiPulse
No sorry the BBC only shows quality television, well they claim to only show quality TV anyhow. But fear not because I sense quite a bit of the BBC's money is going into the Dr Who Revival.
Nothing like letting your opinion get in the way of facts, eh?
Old December 29th, 2003, 10:14 AM   #6
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

SciFiPulse.net

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hinman
Nothing like letting your opinion get in the way of facts, eh?
If you ever watch the BBC over here in the UK you would know what I mean. In fact if Beeb had hedged it's bets on the Galactica Mini it would probably do substanitially better on their network than it would on Sky Premier. What I said was a generalisation. You do not have to pay a TV licence for a channel you barely watch we in the UK however do because the Channel is owned and regulated by the British Goverment. You try watching Eastenders three times a week and tell me you are getting quality television. I think not. In fact the only thing that the BBC still does well is Documentarys and the occassional sit com. That's it.

BTW Mike if you want to flame me for having an oppinion try the other board. This is not a board for that. As for an oppinion you make your own often enough and quite often we have agreed to differ. But for you to make a comment about a UK Network that you know very little about and flame someones opinion of that well what can I say. I shall just take it with 'a pinch of salt' should I.

BTW sadly the BBC took on Sci Fi's 'Taken' last year and it failed to impress ratings wise in spite of some of the critical acclaim that it got. I actually though that it was a pretty good storie. But basically the Beeb kind of botched the scheduling up a little, and had it showing on both the terrestrial channel BBC2 or BBC1 I cannot remember which, and used the show as a launch pad for their new satalite and cable network BBC3.

Old January 28th, 2004, 01:22 PM   #7
Ian_W359
Warrior

Lightbulb

May I add to the other Ian's info about the UK transmission of the new Galactica mini-series -

In addition to parts 1 & 2 being shown at 9PM on the 16 & 17 February on Sky Movies 2, the full "3 hours" (according to Sky's monthly magazine) are also being shown on Sunday 22 February at 8PM on the same channel. The mini-series is being shown as part of a themed 'Intergalactic Week' on Sky's entertainment and movie channels.

By your command,
Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:20 PM   #8
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Quote:
Originally posted by BSG_Sci_FiPulse
But fear not because I sense quite a bit of the BBC's money is going into the Dr Who Revival.
Yay!

Diddleedee diddleedee diddleedee diddleedee (that's the start of the Dr Who theme tune for those who've never seen the longest running SF show ever).

Peter