Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old November 5th, 2003, 05:52 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Thumbs up Stuff we like!

I just thought we might list some stuff we like so we may get to know each other better. And maybe we can talk about stuff we like.

I'm a major anime fan. I have some minor skills here. I like the more serious anime, like Ghost in the Shell, Noir, Gunslinger Girl, Cowboy Bebop, but mostly I love Macross!

I also like very visual videogames. Especially if it combines excellent graphics with poignant story. My favorite games are Final Fantasy (X and VII are my favorites), Resident Evil 2, and Soul Calibur. I also love and still play the old Tomb Raiders 1-3. But the new one has attrocious controls.

Loved the original Trek, and STNG. DeepSpace was good, but started to lose my interest. Voyager sucked. Enterprise isn't as bad, but entirely too predictable and I often am too lazy to be around to watch it.

I like webpage desigining. And creating art in both illustration and 3d.

I like talking about world politics.

I like the Lakers (though Shaq has too big of an ego at times)

NEXT!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2003, 07:15 PM   #2
conconcv66
Bad Email Address

I like rock music

I like Harry Turtledove novels

I like to cook.

I like to 420

and I like Battlestar Galactica
conconcv66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi all! Stuff I like, hmm...

Colonial Fleets! (But you knew that)

I enjoy programming. Used to go to the arcades in the late 70's/early 80's and just watch and try and figure out how they did it. Then I went home and taught myself, much as I could. Did it for fun for years then got to do it for money -- too cool!

I like English lit (especially the old masters) but don't get around to it much nowadays. Always tickles me when someone quotes one of my favs in a movie or modern book.

Am really having a ball with this home theatre stuff. This is a really great time if you like movies. DVDs have changed the face of home enjoyment drastically. I especially try and collect the old greats. As you know by now, Sci Fi is my genre of choice.

I adore Monty Python. Was really happy to encounter Fawlty Towers starring John Cleese which is tremendously funny. Austin Powers is amazing too. But my absolute fav is Rat Race. I never laughed so hard in my life (and neither has my family).

My really and truly favorite pasttime is writing music. You feel like a part of creation when you get to create poems and prose and then set them to music. Way back in time I would write and my younger brother and I would sing for weddings, restaurants and stuff. Had a drastic change in my life and stopped completely many years ago. Then I met OWD (yes our OWD) and he inspired me to start again. Thanks OWD! Made a bunch of what I guess you could call albums that are a mixture of comedy chipmunks interspersed with actual songs and a thematic storyline. Fun to make and I love to make my nieces and nephews laugh.

That's me! NEXT...
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote