View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #10
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Well after a year's delay getting started I am now writing my adaptation of this episode. Most of the changes I talked about before I have implemented, concerning some more plausibility for the Council's bizarre behavior in willy-nilly trusting the Alliance "representatives." It's hard to make it come off but at least you can change them from being totally stupid to plausibly stupid, that is, making an argument that at least makes more superficial sense than what we got presented with.

Another change I'm making is bringing Charybdis into this. I have felt that as a result of saving (reluctantly) Apollo's life at the end of MOTRS, this would have gotten Baltar some new benefit of say, being transferred from Solitary to the regular prison population. But with that, would come the danger of realizing a lot of prisoners would want to kill him, in particular Charybdis. So as this is being written, Baltar ends up tripping Charybdis into being part of the escape, so he can ultimately set him up for his potential demise later in the episode.

One other conclusion I'm coming to in terms of transitioning this episode to the beginning of EIT. I think that ultimately, the days of the three Nomen are numbered rather quickly because there is just no place for them to fit into Alliance culture. In fact, I'm strongly considering having Leiter kill them during the trip back from the Galactica to their base.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote