View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2005, 08:41 AM   #1
Alaric
Bad Email Address

Default Blasts from the past...

Being a relatively young guy, most of my childhood is defined by the 90's. I grew up in what I now look back and call "The Golden Age of Disney". In my youth (We're talking from ages 5 to 14 here, people) Disney put out movies such as The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and television shows like Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, and Chip n' Dales' Rescue Rangers. These shows were the fabric of my childhood.

Coming into college, I hadn't seen any of these movies or TV shows in at least 8 years. We have a program called Direct Connect that is used campus wide to share files (I'll let you decide the definition of "sharing files"), meaning 40,000 people are on swapping stuff.

On a recent nostalgia trip, a few of my friend and I decided to find The Little Mermaid and watch it one night. We played the movie, and suddenly the spark of childhood came back. Since that night, I've found every movie and show that Disney put out in the 90's. It's kind of scary. Instead of going to the movies with my friends, I've stayed in my room playing Disney music and watching Disney programs. (With intermittent spurts of nuBSG, of course.)

Nostalgia is a scary thing.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote