View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2005, 07:03 AM   #9
SpyOne
On Vacation...

On Sheba as "mom":
Oddly enough, Boxey doesn't need a new Mom, as he already has one.

One of the advantages of a remake (or just rewriting) is that we are not faced with some of the limitations that the original show was. Case in point: not to slam anybody but Glen Larson was not happy with the level of talent Marin Jansen had, and that is why Athena's part got smaller and smaller until she disappeared.
However, in the original concept it was she who was primary parent to Boxey, as his "Dad" was off flying missions much of the time.

That is, IMO, one of the best arguements for placing Boxey with Apollo; he doesn't just get a Dad, he gets a whole family (Auntie Athena, Grampa Adama, etc.)

I really like Hand of God as-is, but I also have a reservation. As Stu Phillips (who did the musical score) said in an article in Not Of THis Earth Magazine (Nov 1993), "The thing about Battlestar Galactica originally was that it had no time period. It could have been the year 1000 or 3000."
So, while I love that last scene, I don't like how it narrows the time period by giving us a specific date it must be after.
SpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote