View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #17
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Cut away Viper and CF Project idea

WarMachine. I agree that 37.000 crew is to much for our Battlestar universe for sure. it was just an example of the
kind of numbers that another large ship has although in another
universe.

I completely agree on all the points you made about food and stores. I would say like the USA aircarft carriers are restocked
regularly too feed thousands of hungry crewmen and women.

I cannot see during a battle situation where any crew would be sitting around twiddling their thumbs. but would have battle station duties...

they would be on fire control duties or helping moving stores or whatever around the ship...

but I still think or believe that as there are no real automated
droids or other system that we can call on to move stores or equipment. its hands on by crews.

too small a crew and your underpowered

even say with the minimum number I like 7000 crew. there is a ton of space on the Galactica to swing a cat and most of these crew men would be in barracks around the ship.

some crew would be in fix positions,
Bridge Crew:
Engineering Crew: Main Engines team
Maintenance Crew: perhaps bulk of the crew are these.
Damage fire-control:
Security Crew:
Viper Support crew: (once Vipers are launched possibly would take up damage control duties within in the launch bays etc

with 3 shifts assuming they use 24 hour system. perhaps the Viper Support crews are only on full duty when on alert.

but just some ideas...

I agree to with your placement of
Quote:
In the context of ship design, then, I'm fairly sure that the two big bulges underneath the Gal are Solium tanks - BIG ones...probably bigger than a similarly-sized civilian ship, since the Solium would be the real-space fuel. Assuming that Tylium is stable, but delicate
we will look at that....I have thought that Tylium is the nearest thing to antimatter without it been antimatter

thanks for the feed back its helping to flesh out the possibility

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote