View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #25
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Gordon,

Your response now more directly addresses the issue you were wanting to discuss.

The best way of tackling any original cast endevours, is by asking them. Then the ball is in their court. Your second post far more clearly makes your point, than your first which just said we shouldn't and it would be bad. Your second post is now much more clear. We should ask them, and with that I 100% agree.

Interestingly, I have heard from an excellent source, that Universal no longer holds the likeness rights and therefore individual agreements with people must be made to do stuff. Except from old stock photos etc. So that is a mjor ball back in the cast's court. And Larson holds the theatrical rights...so a fair amount of BSG's future is out of Universal's hands.

Universal could shut down anything they wanted classic BSG related at any time. They could send a cease and desist to this site for the use of artwork - captured or remade. They choose not to do this, and I understand the general rule is not to make a profit, and things should be OK.

What we need to do, is mount a production.....show the cast and world how serious we are, and then see what people's reaction is. If I was a cast member, I wouldn't come onboard until I saw real results and chances of success.

So the first ball is in our court, and I salute Sept17th for having the guts and 'get up and go' to start it rolling....
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote