View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2005, 12:42 PM   #23
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Quote:
I'm sure you'll have to promise to leave their names out of it. No promoting your film with "STARRING: ANNE 'SHEBA' LOCKHEART". That would be bad.
Why ?????

I'm totally polar opposite to this view. Firstly, I think your obliged morally (and possibly legally?) to credit appropriately. (with their consent of course)

Secondly that would be a MAJOR plus to a fanfilm. Just look at the references the Sulu Fanfilm still gets all these many many years later. Any other fanfilm from that long ago has been forgotten - that Star Trek one is still talked about even on a Battlestar Galactica messageboard !

It would also help us give a clear signal as a fanbase of how serious we are...and how dedicated we, and the original cast are, to getting a Continuation. The Second Coming didn't miss of its strongest asset in the credits......nor did the Space1999 production...or the Star Wars production that the had original cast members in....

Gordon......no offense.....you've given great advice and support....but I am of a polar opposite opinion to you on that one. In a big way.
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote