View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2013, 02:49 PM   #7
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Rebuilding my refit Enterprise bridge set...

Actually, the operating system does fit my needs....but iClone still has a few minor issues that need to be worked out...especially when working with color swatches or the timeline function. I've found a few workarounds, so I can usually get a good 98 percent functionality...but every now and then, when monkeying either with the timeline or color swatches, the app will crash...and then I DO go into a fit.

UPDATE:
As you can see, I've now started to add control surfaces to some of the consoles.
Stations like science, communications, and environmental control are set up so that video displays can be shown in the oval display screens, much like the rear-projections screens of the actual bridge set for Star Trek The Motion Picture, and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
Also, I've designed this bridge so that key stations can be moved around to different positions, so I can represent a few different bridge modules of that era, again, ala The Wrath of Khan.

I've even added a bit of specularity to some consoles, to give them that slick, glossy appearance.