View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2003, 11:31 AM   #12
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default I would like more imformation please

Ok, here is the most believable theory about Atlantis. Around 1500 BC, a massive eruption from a volcano ripped apart the island of Santorini in the Mediterranean and probably wiped out most of the civilization on the Greek islands and the coastal regions of Greece. If this is the disaster is the one that sunk what is called Atlantis. If this is so, then Plato must have his dates wrong. The only thing wrong with this explanation is that Plato specifically said the city was near the Pillars of Hercules, which are thought to be nowhere near Greece. This is also the same time period of a Trojan War. Also remember Plato lived 427-347 BC so Atlantis was at best a legend, a story based on fact, or a myth like Gods living on Olympus.

"Heck no! Plato was high on olive leaves!"

I have not smoked, inhaled or any other way used dope since High School. dvo47p started in college in Fall of 1973. Any given night the smell of marijuana was in pervasive in just about any dorm on campus. I would have lost my NROTC scholarship if I were convicted of a drug charge. Now random urine tests are mandatory. Ergo my interest in the “Plato was high on olive leaves!" Seems like a nice way to avoid a hangover. Thank you

The Pizza delivery guys made a fortune and also got tips in marijuana. I would load up on free pizza from generous while high potheads.

Last edited by dvo47p; October 14th, 2003 at 01:47 PM..
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote