Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Thumbs up NEWS: Colonial Newsletter - 10/01/2004

(Continued)

= = = =

Let the Media know about Daily Variety Ad

October 01, 2004 by Webmaster

New report from Commander Taggart of ColonialFanForce.org: "For those who wish to participate, I'd like to see if we can generate interest through numbers from the broadcast media for Friday's publication of the Colonial Fan Force ad in Daily Variety. I have been sending press releases since day one, and have just sent reminders to the entire Colonial Fan Force media list. In order to keep it easy on everyone (and therefore hopefully increase participation), I'm going to ask that we narrow our focus on the morning shows (and CNN), which have broad enough formats that we just might get a mention. Start sending tonight, and send straight on through tomorrow (Thursday) night. For GMA and CNN, you'll need to use the online submission forms. Here are the addys and URL's." For the complete announcement from Commander Taggart and to participate, be sure to check out the following article at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums.

http://forums.battlestargalacticaclu...showtopic=3113

= = = =

BattlestarGalactica.com Artists' Pages

New report from Richard Hatch's official webmistress Micheleh: "The artist of the month images are back... I've set up an artists' gallery, which is under development. I want each artist to have their own page, with images, bio, photo, and a downloadable resume, if they want. Everyone who has been an AOM should have a page already. If you don't have one yet and want one, let me know! There is also a similar modelers section, and a plastic modelers section, and all will be developed the same way. I will also be looking to interview people in the future on the tricks of the trade." Thanks to Micheleh for the report, and be sure to visit BattlestarGalactica.com for the latest from Richard Hatch.

http://www.battlestargalactica.com

= = = =

BattlestarGalactica.com Re-Launches

BattlestarGalactica.com has re-launched with several sections restored: News, Articles, History, Features, Fandom, Gallery, Chat, E-Mail, and Search. Some of the most recent updates include: Artists' Galleries, CG Models, News and Events, and the History of the Battlestar Galactica Universe. Also updated: Fanfic, Groups, Tributes, Comics, Articles, and more. For the latest version of Richard "Apollo" Hatch's Battlestar Galactica web site, be sure to visit BattlestarGalactica.com.

http://www.battlestargalactica.com

= = = =

Randi Oakes Article (Battlestar Galactica Tauran Woman)

Battlestar Galactica fan skippercollector posted an interesting report at Colonial Fleets: "I know this article is only marginally related to Galactica, but I thought some of you might like to read it. It mentions Randi Oakes, who played the Tauran woman in the Battlestar Galactica pilot episode and who is better known from her role [as Officer Bonnie Clark] on CHiPs. (The article is mainly about her husband, Gregory Harrison, who is in a play in Indianapolis.) The thing about the article that I thought was most interesting was that you learned what the actors who appeared on Battle of the Network Stars got paid. Most of the Galactica cast appeared on it at one time or another. $20,000 was a lot of money in the late 70s." For the complete article, be sure to check out the following link at IndyStar.com. Thanks to Mary (skippercollector) for posting the report at Colonial Fleets.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/5/175571-3635-062.html

= = = =

FireStar's New Board has Launched

Battlestar Galactica Club councillor FireStar has launched a brand-new forum, entitled "The Kobal's Children". 'Kobal' is a variation of the planet Kobol where the Colonials are from. The brand-new forum currently features the following areas for discussion: General Board, Fan Fiction and Crossovers, Role Play Games, Battlestar Galactica Facts, Darker Side of Life, Administration, Character Requests, Recruiting Center, and Alliances. The forum is currently geared for adults only. Be sure to check out FireStar's new board at the following link.

http://firewolfe.proboards3.com

= = = =

Viper Pilots Web Site Updated

Battlestar Galactica software writer Tanj posted a new report on his Pyramid tribute game: "Hello Warriors! I was immediately informed of a scoring bug in Pyramid... that has been resolved, but more importantly, the appearance and A.I. performance have been greatly improved also. Development of Pyramid took me away from Colonial Warrior for a bit, but I believe the current version of Pyramid is stable and very playable, so I'll be getting back to Colonial Warrior right away. Of course I appreciate bug reports and comments on any of my applications, so feel free to point out any problems you may encounter. I would also like to take this moment to congratulate Colonial Fan Force for the excellent work they have done to promote 'the continuation'. As the new month approaches I hope to hear the buzz increase as Hollywood (I live in L.A. so the buzz should be clearly audible) is made aware of the dedication, organization and admiration 'continuation' advocates have exhibited." Many thanks to Tanj for the update. To visit his Viper Pilots Web Site be sure to check out the following link at AAA-Multimedia.com.

http://www.aaa-multimedia.com/colonialwarrior.htm

= = = =

Jane "Serina" Seymour Art Show

Battlestar Galactica fan skippercollector posted a new report at Colonial Fleets: "I am retyping this article from the Aug. 25 Cincinnati Enquirer: 'Actress Jane Seymour (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman) will showcase her watercolor and oil paintings at the Design Consortium Gallery (2012 Madison Road) Oct. 15-17. The works, which are priced $500-$3,000, will be on display for a week before the event; pieces purchased in that week will secure a spot at a luncheon with the actress on Oct. 16, as well as a personal signature on the painting and a signed 8x10 portrait with her. A portion of the sales will benefit three charities, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Ohio Valley Chapter, the Auxiliary of the Jewish Hospital and Crayons to Computers. There will also be a benefit cocktail reception on Oct. 15, cocktails and dinner on Oct. 16 and a brunch on Oct. 17. Reservations are required (513-321-1800).' Jane will be only the second Galactica cast member to ever make an appearance in Cincinnati." Thanks to Mary (skippercollector) for posting the report at Colonial Fleets.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ead.php?t=7742

= = = =

New Galactica Board: BattlefieldEarth

Battlestar Galactica Club councillor winterrose has just launched another brand-new forum: BattlefieldEarth! And it's not based on the movie of the same name-- honest! BattlefieldEarth features the following discussion areas: Galactic findings, Battlestar Galactica Forum area, Battlestar Galactica RPGS, Forbidden Zone, Star Quest, Land of Fantasy, and Administration. For the latest forum from winterrose be sure to check out the following link at Forumer.com

http://battlestar.4.forumer.com

= = = =

Report of Stu Phillips London Seminar on August 18th

New report from Fox at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums: "Hi everyone! I was lucky enough to have attended the seminar hosted by none other than Stu Phillips at the British Composer's Association in London on Wednesday. I have to say he was a real gent and very funny, he was promoting his new book 'STU WHO?' which he signed for everyone and even added the opening bars to the main Galactica theme in each book personally. I had no idea just how prolific this man's career was and surprised to learn of his influence during the 60's producing such classics as 'Blue Moon' and many others. I managed to get some things signed by him including my British Galactica quad (just a few more signatures before I get it framed!) and a rare Japanese pressing of the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack on vinyl. He was happy to oblige and spent time with each fan and offered to take us all to the pub afterwards and buy each of us a drink - what a guy! Sadly we didn't have time as we had a train to catch, but I fulfilled a dream by finally meeting the man who has written some of the greatest scores in television and film history. There was one more surprise - when we left the building I noticed a huge black car parked outside reception - it was none other than KITT from Knight Rider, and it was one of the actual screen used cars to boot! What a great day and I highly recommend Stu's book." Thanks to Fox for the awesome report of original Battlestar Galactica composer Stu Phillips. And be sure to check out Stu Phillips official web site at StuWho.com.

http://www.stuwho.com

= = = =

(Continued)
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote