Old November 28th, 2019, 09:13 AM   #2
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Richard Hatch and DeSanto

Having worked with Richard some things are accurate and some are not that's for damn sure.

Nothing was ever good enough for the man. His visions were always a spectacle. He was always against DeSanto and Singer and never liked the direction they were going to take it. I met Tom DeSanto only once but over the years i have had multiple conversations with the man and he always was a believer in the original premis of Galactica. From my understanding Richard did not like the direction that his character was going to take with the new series. My question would have been if he didn't like that direction what the hell did he think of what GINO did? Again hollywood is based on money and when you need work you sometimes have to swallow your pride. As the man did.

9/11 was the general excuse as to why DeSanto's and SIngers project supposedly died but in my eyes it was the very excuse they needed to pan the whole project for there own twisted version of the series.

I'll never forget Galacticon when Moore pumped out his chest and said "hey i killed off Kirk". That's all i needed to hear and one of the major reason's i no longer wish to work in that town again.

I have an enormous cg library of DeSanto's concept art that was given to me early on by the man himself off of his own server. It's archived away but i built a ton of models in cg including his vision of the new cylon basestar. Maybe someday....