View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #55
Lara
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarks
This episode had one thing that actually had me scratching my head. Why was there a Cylon and a crashed Colonial warrior ship on that planet. I thought that they had gone though the void, and put some distance between themselves and the Colonies. This episode actually made me sit down and write a fanfiction story to tell where the Cylon and colonial warrior came from (Battlestar Argo).

Aside from that this was the first episode I ever saw and the gun battle at the end made huge impact on me. I still love that scene to this day.

I always wished the trip through the void, and the finding of Kobol had come later, after the 'colonial outpost' stories. It would have been good to have a defined differenece in the kind of humans they found the 'other' side, in that they had developed without intimate knowledge of the 12 colonies.. Becos we weren't told the extent of teh Cylon empire, the Cylons being there never bothered me as much,
It reflects the writing on the fly that was going on, and the lack of a well planned sequence.

Still like the ep tho..for its homage to classic westerns as much as anything

Cheers
Lara