View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2005, 12:29 PM   #22
WarMachine
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept17th
I'm glad you said it first.

If the subject comes up in my fan films I'll know where to look.
One of the things about Galactica - which is why "Voyager" was such a direct rip-off - that would have come out in later seasons would have been contact with other advanced alien cultures.

While Galactica could not afford to stop long enough to rebuild their fleet completely, I can totally see them trading tech information for repairs and fuel along them way; it would allow a growing buffer between them and the Cylons, as other systems armed-up with Colonial technology.

The really interesting part would be if that had happend shortly after HoG; if Galactica and company were able to rearm sufficiently, they could turn on their pursuers, and lure a couple of basestars into a large-scale jump-point ambush. That would be a decent finale to the "Cylon Chapter" , as a major defeat would preclude further pursuit, at least until the Cylons evolved new designs, and resumed the hunt.

Of course, there are things worse than the Cylons: just imagine a cross-over where BSG runs into the Alliance from "Firefly"....