View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2005, 04:19 AM   #34
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by larocque6689
This episode was - bar none - the worst episode of the entire series. Galactica tried and failed to come up with a new menace to replace the Cylons, the tin cans that Standards and Practices wouldn't let the writers shoot straight. It failed. The sorry Nazi/Soviet cliches of the Eastern Alliance don't date really well either, although they did resurrect "peace through strength" lines almost vertabim from an early draft of the Battlestar Galactica pilot into "Experiment in Terra".

Little kids are always a bad idea, even with Larson as their surname.

The "Young Lords" was silly but much more bearable than this. "Greetings from Earth" was probably the strongest indication yet that Galactica was devolving into something aimed just for the kids. I see ABC's hand all over this ("Hey, let's find Earth..."), as well as Larson, who was often all too willing to accede to the network's will.

It's been years since I've seen this episode, but I rate it lower than the entire Galactica 1980 series.

TMW was worse. Absolutely.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote