View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:48 PM   #21
Fragmentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
Even as a boy this scene bothered me. I found the odds of the coincidence too large. I think they should have either let us know Chameleon always knew he was Starbuck's father for real and chose to let him think otherwise or let it stand that he was nothing more than a colorful con artist.
yeah, that always bugged me too. And the fact that Chameleon makes up the science necessary to figure out this sort of stuff, but then it turns out to really work. Huh? Maybe, he heard about the process somewhere else and just told Cassie how to perform the tests and deciphere the results, but then you're stating that he understands everything well enough to answer any and all questions that the medical staff may have had along the way. So maybe, the medical staff already knew of the procedure and Chameleon never had to say anything. But then that opens up a whole new line of questioning.

The episdoe is cute, but I'm left with the unsettling feeling that the writers didn't try very hard, or worse yet, saw all the holes themselves but figured that audience wouldn't.
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote