View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:37 PM   #35
Sorrento
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by BST
Very interesting discussion.
BST
BST, what are you thoughts on Enterprise and the Activision games, and after that about Activision law suit?

I like your explanation and point of view of the whole deal, specially when you talk about the movie SW: TPM... in my opinion that is the only way the movie could be mentioned, because the real name is really awful. As for the Star Trek universe, I still don't know why I like each series regardless of how bad they might be.

For example, I consider DS9 to be the worse series of all. The war with the Dominion destroyed it, and almost took down the whole franchise. As for Voyager, in my opinion it was a return to the "non soap-opera" type of episodes TNG gave us. With each episode Voyager put a whole new deal, not a continuation of the last episode (to a certain point of course), which was something TOS had and many people loved.

Perhaps this was what many people didn't like about Voyager and liked about DS9 and TNG. For me TNG was ok even with the story line soap opera like, it was very good and a whole new deal for the ST universe, Then came DS9 and after a few seasons I got tired with it; again the big war was something ST is not about.

Enterprise right now is a clean break from the two styles, hopefully will remain that way. For me the whole series has been very well written, with each episode detailing a story not before told in another ST series... with the exception of some of them, specially the Klingon ones.

You see opposite to the Star Wars prequels Enterprise did explore some things that were left unexplained from TOS. While Star Wars TPM didn't told us who the Sith were or how a Princess was "elected" by the people (which for me sounded really wrong), Enterprise is exploring why Kirk never thrusted the Klingons or why the Romulans are so private about their stuff. I wanted to know about this, and Paramount decided to indulge me.

Btw, WHO ARE THE SITH??? LOL, if I didn't play Dark Forces 2 Mystery of the Sith I wouldn't have a clue... and I still don't know much about those and why they were "nearly extinct".

Sorrento
Sorrento is offline   Reply With Quote