View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:33 AM   #27
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
This has been the talk for quite sometime now. The interesting parts will come in the version of Tom's involvement down the line. Glen does not have it anymore and the only way this get's done correctly is if DeSanto is a part of it. Which "if true" his name will surface along with an official notice.

Universal know's they dropped the ball on Galactica and now it's time to do it right. Unfortunately it will have to be changed because it's to far down the line for some. But if done right it would dwarf the scifi remake.

Interesting how this suddenly surfaces with the scifi version finally winding down.
My thoughts exactly, my good man!

Although i can't complain, we've all asked for this kind news to drop soon as the Sci-Fi Channel Re-imagining version as winding down anyways. But yes, Larson name attacked to this alone wouldn't be enough given past histories of the struggle to even get one BSG movie done in the past 30 plus years, let alone surely several to kick start a new franchise of BSG theatrical movies.

Nice to know something dropped, but until some really big new about it all truly drops online, with pictures, casting news, official announcements etc. I wouldn't go through the pain yet again of another disappointment until things are well and truly underways at all.

Several other sci-fi genre films announced long before this by a few years ago, haven't even reached pre-production stage, or even got any finnancing done yet? Think we're all experienced enough not to jump or hype anything up, until ALOT more is known. Cos we're all well aware, even film or TV shows in development can be stopped even if they're a mere 2 weeks away from filming etc.

Even a greenlit BSG movie would be realistically years away still, but its nice to know that old TV show is alive and kicking in Hollywood as of 2009 by those who still give a damn.

KJ