View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:43 PM   #19
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21 View Post
This time around does seem to be a bit different doesn't it? I mean before it has always just been Glen saying that he was working on it. This time around it has the studio attached to it. The critical acclaim of the new show (granted...not the ratings) may have helped or it may not have. All I know is that this news seems a bit more trustworthy than that last few times around.
That's the feeling I get from it. In recent years, it was usually someone that had met Larson at a con or something and was given the "I've got something in the works" statement, which got passed around and nothing ever came of it.

The idea that it's coming via entertainment media outlets in one form or another - and more than one at the same time is somewhat heartening. I know that caution is warranted as Eric pointed out, but it is nice to think that there might be a bright spot on the horizon for original series fans. Online BSG fandom has dwindled to a very small number in terms of the original. Too many people feeling cheated, disillusioned, or just plain tired of it all.

The original series always had a message of hope to it. I intend to follow that spirit and I have hope for this as well. I think that the original hasn't been forgotten and hasn't seen it's final days as yet.

I'll "keep a light on" for the day when we get the movie we all hoped to get.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote