View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:22 PM   #11
Antelope

I forgot about V but liked it when it came out. Read an article once that said the writer based it on the then ongoing war against communism in Central America. Believe it or not the bad guy aliens represented the U.S. and the freedom fighters were the communist. Not my version of history but a good show none the less. I liked all versions of Star Trek but have to admit Enterprise in particular and to some extent Voyager and DS9 became hit or miss on good storylines. I am a little surprised Stargate isn't in the poll. I bet that is the best scifi show on television at the moment. I watched most of the Space: Above and Beyond episodes. I kept waiting for it to get better but it never seemed to get there. It was too dark. I think there are some good lessons in Space: Above and Beyond for the new Galactica series. A dark real world is good but some cheer and comedy have to be there somewhere if people are going to watch week after week. I wasn't a big Babylon 5 fan at first but it grew on me. Loved the episodes after the first season but it burned itself out near the end. I think it was a good example of a show that should have ended at the end of a war and left it at that. I think Star Trek DS9 did a good job ending their series although a multi-episode war is not as easy to syndicate after a series is over (If you know the end why watch the middle). I think a lot of the success of the X-files was that most of the stories are free standing but a fraction lead you on a bigger overall story. You need the big story for the original seasons but rerun episodes are best free standing.