Old March 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #45
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Galactica 1980 DVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athene View Post
I've got the DVD boxed set. I've also got the re-edited movie versions on VHS. I've also got taped episodes on VHS and they're still working great. I say that makes me a true fan.
Athene -

I've also got one of the re-edited VHS movies - I think I preferred the unedited episodes. Watching G80 episodes hacked together to make a single film was more effort than it was worth. I'll stick with the DVDs.

As for having taped episodes from the early days of Skiffy, by the time I lived somewhere that had Skiffy in their programming schedule, the only version of BSG they were showing was the original. I've only got a two-head recorder anyways, so the tape quality wouldn't have been worthwhile.

I did pre-order my G80 DVD set at the local Best Buy and picked up a day before the store release because they had it "in stock". That's about as far as I'm willing to go to get something.

As for the "true fan" stuff, as such, it's subjective at best and everyone has their own criteria...

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote