View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM   #37
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: Galactica 1980 DVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyfett View Post
I've always liked the idea of leaving what happened in G80 canon and continuing the story years later on modern day earth. I still believe there are a lot of story possibilities there. And you could still have the flying motorcycles!

Yea I know you have to get past accepting G80 as canon, but I would do it this way: try to forget the show if you've seen it recently and replace that with just your childhood memory of it- the basic concepts and major plot points weren't any worse than some of what happened on the original show, so just go with that as 'background' and treat the new material more seriously. Try this as an excercise: reword the premise of G80 as the 'forward' of the new fanfic.

Here's my idea:

The voice of a much older Commander Troy:
"We came to your world 30 years ago. Persued by the enemy that had destroyed our worlds, we travelled the stars for over two decades. We hoped Earth would be our salvation- a home for our people and an ally against the alien machines that sought our destruction. Instead, we found a people more vulnerable than ourselves. Our fleet headed out into deep space to lure them away. Some of us stayed behind to build a life here. Some of us stayed to keep watch. Watching for the return of our people... or our enemy. We don't know which will come first... "

The premise:

After years of waiting and watching, the Galacticans who settled on Earth, including the handful of Warriors, have come to belief that neither the Galactica and her fleet nor the Cylons will never return. One by one, each warrior Warrior has chosen to make their own life on Earth- persuing careers, raising families, etc. They keep their true identies secret, sometimes from their own families, but remain vigilant. Commander Troy eventually tired of leading the warriors in what seemed to be futile excercises and has retreated to live in a remote mountain cabin. Though he has also given up on ever seeing the Galactica again, he still believes the Cylons may return, but feels powerless to prepare for it.

Commander Dillon's life mission became the persuit of the renegade Xavier as he attempted to travel through time and build an empire for himself. Xavier's only deterrant was the realization that he would be stopped at every turn. Thus, Dillon very quickly became a student of Earth history. He has spent the last three decades researching this planet's past, including the Galacticas' mysterious connections to Earth's ancient peoples.

But now, a new threat may be emerging. Deep in the mountains of Afganistan, Allied troops have uncovered what they believe to be a terrorist-funded research facility containing experimental weaponry and flying craft. But one among them knows differently: Though its been a long time, a certain US Marine Commander knows Cylon technology when he sees it. Are the Cylons back? Have they been here all along? The Warriors may have to be re-assembled... but how do we find Commander Troy?...

GALACTICA 2010
That sounds really interesting.
It would also be up to date what's going on in our world today.
And the flying motorcycles wouldn't seem so farfetched.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote