View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2005, 12:01 PM   #6
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Thank you, Pegasus 4 for your comments! At the moment the old "A Promise Kept" story is not yet on-tap for the Season 2 project since we're a long way off from just doing a basic "reestablishing the Pegasus is still there" story, but when we ever get to that phase, I know it might be possible to work it in. I do know that when I ever do the adaptation proper of "Lost Warrior" I will frame it in a way so that it dovetails with "A Promise Kept" though without being too blatant about it.

Pete, I'm still not sure about the idea of Apollo being on a solo mission. It simply goes against the grain of what we've seen established about how patrols always consist of at least two, and I can't imagine that Adama would have allowed Apollo to do something of greater risk so soon after the events of LPOTG. To me, since one theme of the story is the fact that Apollo does make an error in judgment when he doesn't act more quickly against Red-Eye, it would fit more into the notion of Apollo being a bit off in judgment if a situation developed where he and an unknown wingmate stumbled into something that resulted in the other pilot being killed and Apollo suddenly in a situation too big to handle as things clearly are at the outset of the episode.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote