Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Galactica 1980 DVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble View Post
Mark,

I like the idea of the Galacticans living among us, though I'd work in Area 51 and Hanger 18 instead of Afghanistan.

Something like years before a Cylon baseship appeared in the Arctic and promptly crashed burying itself under the ice.

A US polar survey team found it and it was taken in pieces back to America where some of its Centurions and Raiders were found to be undamaged and after careful study reactivated.

The Galacticans are alerted when they detect strong Cylon signals emanating from US soil and gather to nullify the Cylon threat.
Peter -

Thanks for that. Frankly, I don't think that I could stand yet another version of BSG that draws itself from being another 9/11 allegory. I understand the relative impact that 9/11 had on the world, but after 8 years, seeing it still having an impact on modern entertainment.....please.

I wouldn't mind a version of BSG that had it's roots in G80 as long as it moved past the weaker story elements due to the restriction of the demographic that it was targeted for. I wouldn't mind seeing a G80 continuation where humanity got assistance from the Colonials in a more direct and up-front manner, rather than one "under cover". I think the reason the whole "let's help the humans from behind the scenes" doesn't work for me is because there's no practical way for the Colonials to prepare Earth and it's people for a possible Cylon attack in a couple of decades doing it from hiding.

I do think that the Area 51 idea is not too bad - there's at least more story material that can be drawn from it than putting it in activity that's clouded by the war in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote