View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

This is what bugs me. DeSanto concepts were really fantastic but some of the things he was planning to do wasn't perfect in my mind. Didn't he say it was around 25 or so years (yahrens) after the original series. Boxey/Orin would have to be a pretty young JFK type to be leader the Galactica and have his private life with his wife and whatnot etc. Fans have often joked for years that they don't want to see 20 year old 30 year old commanders of a Battlestar in a revival, and i'd have to agree as it would seem very out of place, no way would it happen in the real military (Navy branch) so why in a fictional universe?

Yeah your right about Noah being out of the acting game for so long that he wouldn't match a current revamped Galactica incarnation per se. But even so should the series be revived on the big screen as a set of movies. Noah Hathaway deserves to be seen in a minor small grown up 'Boxey' role for continuity sakes and for closure reasons!

Galactica to be honest could've so easily been revived like Star Trek, that its so annoying that the TPTB at Universal couldn't see this and screwed us over twice over with Richard Hatch's and Singer and DeSanto versions of a new BG!

KJ