View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Noah Hathaway a great guy, kinda quiet and all but likable. Saw'em last year, he's into cons in a way and might do them now and then. ya know. I did hear him and Richard Hatch talk to each other about DeSanto's Galactica when i brought the topic up etc. But one conversation doesn't makeit certain he'd comeback for role in a continuation however.

If it were possibe i'd like to see it happen however. Long as Boxey was a regular Colonial Warrior with a smaller role though? I just love Tom DeSanto's take on Galactica mostly, but his idea that the fleet was led by Boxey as Orin and Sheba commanded the Pegasus is kinda a rather forced concept for random reasons included as an easter egg* for fans rather than a logical continuity of events that would'e happened over the course of 25-30 yahrens since the original series. Noah's acting in a big budget production movie after so many years might not win over the next generation of newcomers in the theatrical audiences these days or be considered great enough to be either the main star or supporting co-star to hold and carry a continuation picture like a Battlestar Galactica definately would be like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fandom (*)

Noah Hathaway would be a great addition mind you. Like Herbert Jefferson Jr, he's quite physically buff for his age! Mainly due to his experience and hobby as a kickboxer. I've heard he trains "Airline Stewards" self defence, so he does keep himself busy. So at least a BG continuation would have a real tough guy in their ranks. He also has many tatoos on his body and all. Heh, guess the makeup department would have a hard time covering them up.

As for Maren Jensen. I didn't know she had an illness, however i do know she hasn't been seen in anything much since Battlestar Galactica. I feel she should be included in a new continuation, certainly would make Hollywood seem like they actually give a crap about actors who once worked hard for them etc. She might be in a position to ask for a lot of money if fans wanted nobody but her back in the Athena role. Heck we would've wanted her back for the 2nd season of Galactica since there has been rumors of her being replaced by another actress or the even weirder rumor of Larson replacing her with a man via a "sex change"? Thank god those are just wacky fan rumors that developed over the years though.

I'd hope just like Star Trek before it. That a Battlestar Galactica revival movie would have all surviving stars back in some believable capacity in several BG based continuation movies! realistically i think both Marsen Jensen and Noah Hathaway would have minor small roles, but long as they are there in powerfully written stuff even for a short time period and their presence plays a major role in any future story, yeah i'd love to see it happen!

Hell Athena's supposed to be one of the main characters (Adama's daughter), so certainly her role would have to effect a Galactica continuation on many levels in a big way.

KJ