View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #6
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Default Re: Colonial Warrior Uniform resource list.

We're not sure what will become of the patterns at this moment. since they are still in development. The next step will be a pattern for a female warrior'r costume. I know Miel is planning that as soon as she delivers her newest recruit

We have been lucky enough to get the support of Mark Bradly, who has some screen used costumes, and accress to others. I have already asked for reference pictures to a Medical Tunic. which I saved and have in case someone with sewing skills and pattern drafting skills wants to take a try with it.

What would be ideal is to get a couple of people working on the patterns, with co-operation, and alot of communication, to cover all the costumes. I would also like to see the patterns posted, or somehow made available for others to try their hands at them.

Helmets - This has to be one of the biggest holy Grails of warrior costuming. Everyone wants one, but there are EXTREMELY limited sources for them. And none cheap. If we could somehow get some sort of "poor man's kit" that could hold enough detail to be visually correct enough, but light enough and cheap enough to put it in everyone's hands. Supposedly someone has the license to offer a higher end prop of the helmet, but no pics or release dates (or prices) have been seen yet.

And you're right, in order to build up a Laser pistol, using the accurate and correct model kits, you'd have one EXPENSIVE laser. and I certainly wouldn't want to do anything but assemble it, paint it, and then put it on a wall somewhere. With solid Resin castings going for about $30 plus shipping on ebay, you really can't beat it.

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote