View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #75
maudib
Warrior

Default Re: Yet Another TOS Battlestar WIP

Update 5-15-10. The side plating on the front section is done! I added the side cubby holes ( don't know what else to call then) back in in preparation for all the silly little greebles and pipes to be added. Total poly count is 2,105,000 polys. Half of what I though it would be by this stage...

Modeling in hull plating is SO BORING and tedious. It takes a lot of hours of high precision work for not a lot of eye candy to show for it. But this is something I feel is very important to get right. I don't feel texture effects can reproduce the same results with radiosity rendering.

Now she looks complete from the front end finally. End in sight! I don't plan to doodle in countless details for now. That is bad practice in any art form. I will first complete the entire model, then go back and fill in necessary details only. By necessary, I mean detailing in areas where I anticipate close-up shots will occur. Can't wait to start on the neck area. There are a lot of fascinating details there that catch my eye.

I agree with all of your feedback on the patience part And I'm glad the website is back! Enjoy the eye candy

Last edited by maudib; May 16th, 2010 at 12:35 AM..
maudib is offline   Reply With Quote