View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #13
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: The Hobbit - "The Desolation of Smaug"

This barely registered on my radar when it was out. I'll just pick it up on blu-ray.

I enjoyed the LotR movies, and enjoyed The Hobbit: The Journey Begins, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this one too.... I guess I just have other priorities for big screen films. (And I do know that the LotR and Hobbit films are certainly big screen events. )

I have no problem with 3D...whether it was meant to natively be in the film, or whether it was added on as an afterthought.

I saw Star Wars Episode I when it was re-released in 3D, and thought the 3D transition was good. Not great, but good. If anything, I just wanted to see it on the big screen one more time, rather than just the whole 3D thing. Sadly, none of the other movies will see such a return to the big screen that way.

(I knooowwww.....I knowwwwww... "but.... but I'd rather Star Wars stay off the big screen if it's just gonna be brought back for 3D effects. It ain't MY Star Wars! And why, oh God, why did they have to start it back up with Episode I?! Mooommmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" )