Old August 14th, 2003, 04:48 PM   #5
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Well, compared to Laurette Spang, I would say Spang had the stronger abilities to manipulate her voice to express emotion. Though facially they did about the same. I think Anne Lockhart was probably marginally better than both in that she could deliver all her lines but at the same time add in a touch of vulnerability. But then the best one was Jane Seymour who's powerful performance in just 5 episodes made such an impression that you could feel her trace on Apollo and Boxy for te rest of the series. And it made the them more touching cause they had lost her.

But As for Maren Jensen, I agree that a few times she came off a little stiff. There was one or two wooden lines. But that was just a small part of her performance. The rest of her acting was very enjoyable.

I would also remind folks that there were only about 22 or so episodes. If you look at Star Trek Next Generation 1st season the acting was wooden and the writing often kinda emotionally detached. Patrick Stewart was very stiff. Also if you Look at Kirstie Alley, her performance on Star Trek was stiff. But she was incredibly good on Cheers.

I'm certain the lovely Maren Jensen would have fit into the role perfectly had the show progressed more than one season.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote