View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #31
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: ship of lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chirri View Post
Thank you. Now I understand.

There was always something that bugged me about that episode, come to think of it.

The question of why the other pilots were taken was never really answered and I always wondered why they did it?

Was it to protect them from Iblis' influence? Was it to secretly place info in their heads pertaining to Earth?

Just why did Baltar rendevous with the Galactica in the first place if he knew that the first thing they'd do was stick him on the Prison Barge?

And why did Iblis want to seduce Sheba of all people?

My take was that they were flying into the region where the battle took place that resulted in Iblis' ship being destroyed. I doubt the Vipers could have weathered that. The SOL dudes essentially had compassion on a bunch of primitives, then realized that the Fleet was heading right into the area.
As to Baltar, his mind was totally under someone else's influence, by the time he told Lucifer he was going to Adama. Also, let us never forget that Baltar was a malignant narcissist. Deep down inside was the abiding and eternal belief that Baltar was always right. The whole universe revolves around Baltar. So, a little nudge from Iblis might be all it took to get him to go to Adama. After all, he's BALTAR!!!! Right?????!
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote