View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Question Atlantis - Myth or Missing Truth?

I've got one for ya. Do you believe Atlantis actually existed? There are many ancient references, including very plausible Platonic writings. Everyone believed Troy was a myth too, and look what happened to that legend!

I was just watching "Atlantis - The Lost Continent" from 1961. It's probably the definitive Atlantis movie. By the incomparable George Pal (of Time Machine fame) and costarring the Chief from Get Smart, Edward Platt. It has everything, mystery to discovery, scientifically advanced (but not too implausible) Atlanteans, scares and thrills, even human-beasts ala Island of Dr. Moreau. When I was little it both thrilled and scared me. I especially was scared by the human to animal experiments and loved the trial by fire and water arena.

So whaddya think? My belief is that it did exist in some form, perhaps at Thera/Santorini or even mid Atlantic. I think it was prehistory so our records of it are only verbal and much has been lost or exaggerated over time. Perhaps civilization lost itself just like it did at the dawn of the Middle Ages.

Anyway, vote and post your thoughts, love to know what you all think!

Last edited by Muffit; October 12th, 2003 at 08:36 PM..
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote