View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:23 AM   #28
Deadly
Shuttle Pilot

OK...I finally got at least one of Steve's ships into X3. It took a huge effort ro get the poly count down from 444k to 64k, but it loads and flys great! (Not to mention that is the classiest ship in the game )

I spent more hours on this than I care to admit, but to be honest, about 25% - 30% of the effort was getting the DDS textures right.

Here is the entry for the Ranger from the online announcement for my DDRS mod...of course, full credit is given to Steve both online, and in the readme file that is included in the mod package.

Quote:
M6 (Ranger) Sold By: Argon - The Argon took a radically different approach when creating the Ranger, and made it in the image of a small capital-class ship rather than a large fighter. The result is a very powerful and heavily-shielded M6-class ship, with reasonable speed and handling characteristics, and outstanding firepower. This powerful ship carries 8 front lasers and three double-laser turrets located port, starboard, and aft. It carries three 125MJ shields, and offers a single external docking slot.
Just click on an image for a larger wiew....

...and here is a view from the bridge of the ship:

Ah...just a quick note on the lighting. Each sector in X3 has it's own characteristics...like the color and brightness of the sun, nebulas, dust clouds, etc...all of which effect the appearance of the ships. In a different sector, the Ranger might appear with a gun-mettal blue tint, or dustyt red...ect.
Deadly is offline   Reply With Quote