View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #56
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
I would not rework or redo the forbidden planet as it simply does not need it.
it is a product of its time.
And so should all other films and TV shows be so recognized. Galactica was as much a product of its time as Star Trek was of the late 1960s and in fact to see Trek gussied up in a way to try and suggest it is NOT a product of the late 1960s strikes me as being dishonest. Maybe we should also have the lines about World Wars from the 1990s being redubbed as wel to further sell the illusionl?

Quote:
In the Movie the Galactica model support beam is seen in some effect.. in the new DVDs too ..and to be honest it destroyed the whole experience of the film.
"King Kong" from 1933 still used obvious back projection by today's standards but I don't see anyone suggesting a CGI makeover and Jacksonizing the original would improve that.

Quote:
Lucas is a better sales man than Universal or who ever owns the Classic show. and I disagree that Lucas is short of ideas ..
If Lucas were a font of ideas, then his creative output since Star Wars would be a lot more than "Howard The Duck", "Radioland Murders" and a series of not very stellar prequel movies. For 25 years since ROTJ he can be said to have done nothing but coast on the original SW trilogy by concocting all kinds of ways to repackage the only thing that ever brought him big money. That makes him a smart capitalist, but a creative genius with a knack for quality storytelling it isn't.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote