View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #6
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I did this story by combining both "Man With Nine Lives" and "Murder On The Rising Star" into a single story. That way I could keep Chameleon around for when Starbuck gets charged with murder and put him in the dilemma of whether he should tell him the truth.

As for the Nomen, I too hold to the "Borallus" theory and that Nomen are what might be called the hard-core Fundamentalist militant types who inhabit the planet. Their presence in the Fleet is best explained by the fact that (1) there were Borellians living in the Colonies either as ambassadors or working (you can picture Nomen hired by rich colonists as henchmen) (2) they were rounded up among the survivors and were not able to return to their home planet beacuse as the pilot established, Borallus was too dangerous a place to stop at and (3) this would naturally produce some resentment among some Borellians who are never going to see their home planet again.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote