View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #25
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: What do you think the new uniforms will look like?

KJ,
The uniform sketches I remember were trimmer than the originals, more fitted pants like equestrian riding britches, with some sort of linear vertical pattern in the inside of the knee (same position as the suede knee patches are in riding britches). Since the WWII pilots uniforms, that TOS BSG's uniforms were based on, hearken back to WWI calvary and pilot uniforms, I thought it was an interesting detail. If I remember right, we saw 2 sketches: one of Boomer in an original jacket and one with a generic next-gen pilot where the jacket was more streamlined—no gathering in the back at the waistband. It retained the tan and brown shades of the originals. I suspect it could have been an off flight-line/on base ship uniform with a true flight suit for battle. Boots were still knee height like motocross or equestrian boots. BTW: In TOS the female pilots boots are English style equestrian field boots. I suspect they went to these because they were easier for the women to walk in. Maren Jensen had a lot of trouble walking in 40 lb. sidi boots as she only weighed 110 or so.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote