View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #81
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
Some Opinions are never more valid then someone else's Opinions. You may get more people to agree with your opinion, but that does not make it more Valid, simply more acceptable
So you say, then again they'd be YOUR opinions in relation to the opposing aruging views put forth by somebody else (or albeit groups) and not the reality of it said discussion. Take a look at my country's government right now for example. Its 'Hung' in the literal sense of the word right now, and MP's are all in a twist as to who to back, but does it really matter when the Tories of this country are practically sitting in the driver's seat because of their opinions and politics got'em there in the first place? Doesn't matter if what they're saying is seen as opinion in the "commons" and goes around in an endless debate, their more acceptable way of thinking/opinions and political viewpoints i.e. opinions on how to "Govern" put'em there in the first place.

Some opinions ARE more valid, its a basic fact deny it all you want to. But it'll be harder to do so, in the face of proof or facts backing up a much stronger arguement however! quibbling simply cos you got another viewpoint which differs from somebody else's, doesn't make the situation disappear or change the undeniable facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
While you argue your side here, do not loose fact that not everyone will agree with you. And sometimes passion for a cause can put off people who do share your opinion, when you let that passion get away from you.
Yes so agreed, and while i've been around this fanbase, i've seen time and effort being wasted on things that had absolutely no fruitful promises pay off. So i'm more than speaking from previous experience right there! And i didn't share whomever's passion when they lost me neither! I've said before there was no ego in this thing from me and others, go back and re-read this entire thread post by post if need be. What your saying doesn't apply to me nor those sharing my opinions, believe that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
In a word, yes. For the same reason that fifteen years from now the 1933 King Kong will still be regarded better than the flash in the pan that was Jackson's.
Good then do so.

Cos if and when either Galactica Fanbase(s) (we aren't the only ones?) puts out SE projects of its own or there's an official SE Restoration of Battlestar Galactica from Universal. We'll all be hopefully enjoying a HD version with touchups that keep the old girl from being left behind quality-wise, and BG would benefit from the modern day digital advances in technology.

At the end of the day, myself and others can lead you to water like a horse (metaphorically speaking) but we can't make you drink?

But a 'horse' has to drink something? eventually doesn't it!

KJ