View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2005, 11:59 AM   #10
3DMaster
Shuttle Pilot

Another ten years from now, I'd really would consider it too late for a continuation. Thus it would have to be a re-make. I would keep it very close to the original though; I would make it grittier with a few flawed characters, but keep the hope beyond destruction vipe; would keep the names be the actual names; and I would first build a distinct culture for every colony world as well as multiple religions. Lay down in grand lines how they think, and how they emerged, and how the colony worlds joined together. The gist of their languages (have a languist ready when a line needs to be created) and say they are speaking something along the lines of esperanto, an artificial language created to facilitate easier communication between different colonies (although it'd be conveniently translated to english via every tvs buit in universal translator of course - unless I feel very bold and we'll ACTUALLY do it IN Esperanto and translate it with subtitles.) Each culture/world would have their own distinct look, but with several recurring similarities. I'd have a basic description of how the 1000 yahren war started, and how it went. The Cylons would of course be robots fully, but there'd be different colors, models, and camouflage for centurians. They'd also be faster, and deadlier - I think I'd have the old style slow tin cans at the very beginning of the 1000 yahren war, and we'd see flashbacks or old footage we'd see them, and notice how they improved themselves to effectively fight the humans. The destruction of the colonies would be more graphic, and expounded upon on all the 12 planets, and allow us to see the different philosophies in building - see similar traits in the ships fleeing from the planets.

The fleet would actually have the full number of ships somewhere between 200 and 500, and have each ship designed up front; a good number would be decided upon up front what they are.

The beginning would be tough; some of the religions might clash especially as some won't have a church or equivalent and want to use another's for their stand in. We'd get to see quite a bit from all of the fleet ships continuously.

Over the course of the series, as elections are held, the rich fools will be voted out, as the stark reality will remove any of their standing and their smiling faces can easily been seen through. After a while the Quorum of the Twelve would just be manned by capable people, who listen very well to the military. In most of the cases they overrule the military they'd be either prove right, or proven wrong but will have let the militry prepare for that eventuality.

The major events / red line through the series I'd probably plan out on beforehand. They'd meet other species, and the occasional human settlement of people having decided not go all the way to Earth or the colonies in earlier times. The species would know of the humans no doubt, and think of them in different ways. Some as fools for having the stupidity to stand up against the Cylons, and see what happened now, with the Cylons only stronger after the 1000 yahren war. Some would consider them heroes; but are too afraid to help. Others would help, but only in hiding, very few willing to TRULY stand up to the Cylons fully. A few individuals of those species might decide to join the Galactica.

We'd get to see Cain of course - a true living legend and commander. The big three would remain men: Adama, Apollo and Starbuck - and they will NOT be callsigns. I can see myself adding in more women, but they probably wouldn't get the names of beloved characters of the original; they'd be new names, new characters, with new stuff to do.

Iblis would be in there somewhere, and the lights (which aren't humans or the lords of Kobol). We'd get to meet the higher power they'd be working for as they claimed/would claim - a protector god, a counterweight to Iblis. We find he is bound by rules from the others of his kind - he can't just destroy Iblis. Iblis first arrival and manipulations would have vast consequences, especially religiously) throughout the fleet in episodes in the aftermath. The arrival of this god the same way, making humans question their believes, some deciding to reject them, others to keep them, again others to start whole knew ones in honor of the great beings - there'd also be atheists that shake there had at the whole deal. At the gods later return he'd probably request people stop worshiping him or something.

I'd end the series in them finding not Earth, but Star Trek Federation like organization in which Earth is a part somewhere in the future, but a smaller part - not the dominant super part as in Star Trek. But an organization that values Earth membership, having rejuvinated the organization upon their joining. The ships will be vastly more advanced than the Galactica, FTL battle capable. And Earth would not be the 13th colony, but to be revealed the mother Earth, the fleet would be 'welcomed home'. The reason why the name 'Earth' was known before the thirteenth tribed ever got there, was because the name was already given long before by the very same people. Humanity left Earth for some reason, settled on Kobol, the star was going boom, the 12 tribes were relocated to a nearby system with 12 planets some of which needed terraforming and artificial heating. Then the thirteenth tribe figured where they would be going, and decided to take their chances by going back to Earth. The time before Kobol on Earth was lost to the tribes.

This federation and Earth government would partially be radically different. If they wish to join the tribes would have to except the mixed species government above their own - they would have many different options including dismantling their entire governmental system, simply settling on Earth. Thus we'd have quite a bit of 'lively debate' and story lines on what to do. Of course the Cylons won't listen to reason, wanting to destroy this entire Federation and we get to see a final devastating war / battles / massacre as we watch the Cylons' reign be ended finally once and for all.

The End.
3DMaster is offline   Reply With Quote