View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #13
gpdesigner
Email Unconfirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
First and foremost it's always fun to add your own flare to a model no matter how accurately you try to match the original.
I am totally glad to hear you say that, I think that is part of my problem when i do a model of an existing object, I try to duplicate it. However I will add a few touches to this ship to make it "mine" so to speak . . thanks for the advice Titon.

Also I discovered something that I feared would add to the time for completion of the Galactica . . . All 84 of those ribbed frames are going to have to be inserted individually . . . . I tried to take some of LW's short-cuts like cloneing and the arrays but nothing will set the ribs in like I need them to be . . . .
sooooo . . it looks like it is going to have to be One by One
I think for each section of the ship I will build a template rib and the duplicate it and manipulate it to fit, but still . . . 1 by 1
the funny thing is, this was my only nightmare about building this model, and now that my worst fears have been realized and I am set for dealing with it, The pressure is somehow releived.
3d
gpdesigner is offline   Reply With Quote