View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #8
gpdesigner
Email Unconfirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
I not sure of my info here but I read that to animate the G they do it in sections because its so big.. of some thing along those lines .. I will try and find the that link again....
Taranis I am not sure about that, but that sounds like an idea, however if you think about it, If they are animating separate sections in the same time line, it all comes out to the same thing. you are still moving the same amount of poly's in the scene. But if the make separate animations and composite them together that may work tho it seems like a lot to do.
Then again on my little Mac G4 it would be a lot, but in a studio setting they might have better machines to work with . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept17th
From what I see and have read there is an original series looking battlestar beneath the ribbing and attached nacelles. I’d like to see the model before the all the extra add ons.
This could be as well but I think it may seem that way because the shapes are similar I have been looking at the ship for the last few days with this idea also but truthfully, I don't see it. The original ship was very obtuse (sp) it was very square . . . the new one is more organic, and larger, plus there is this entire section that is cut out in the center of the ship set to house the hanger decks as they retracked for a hyper jump. I could see what you are saying but I think they just kept the flow of the original concept and more organic . . Titon would be the one to ask for sure
3d
gpdesigner is offline   Reply With Quote