Demonslayer
Vulcan Torturer

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDDigital Artist
BG: The Second Coming
Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003

Default Security issues at my forum

Greetings all,

I wanted to let you know why I'm requesting you request membership to enter my site.

In the past, I've had trolls come in and disrupt it, and frankly, I don't want to have people that I don't know on the board. If you want to come and participate, I'd love to have you there. But, the key is, I have to know who you are, and I'd like to know what you're about before I give full access.

This is because the Demonslayers Forum will be
ONE: My intellectual property online.
TWO: I will need to know who's playing in my game for the protection of all players.
THREE: To keep moderation unnecessary.

Let me explain reason number three. I don't like to moderate. If people aren't anonymous, they tend to stay honest and much more civil.

That said, in an RPG, you can play ANY kind of character you like, so that's where your role-playing can happen and you can play a troll there if you want, in-game.

I shut down my previous forum because of trolls, partially. I don't want to do it again. If you're serious about participating and having fun in the Demonslayers world, I want you to be there. If you want to visit, great, maybe you'll enjoy playing later once you learn more about it.

I just want people who are serious about it and want to have fun. If you're willing to go through the approval process, which entails signing up with ezboards, then making a profile that has your name, email address, preferably something about you (if I don't know you already) and why you want to be part of it, and clicking the "request approval" button on my site, you'll be approved no problem. I check it frequently, so there's little if any wait. Bottom line, it shows committment on your part to be cool on my board.

Thank you in advance, and don't be discouraged if you just wanted to drop by to see it. In time, I may relax my criteria, but for now, it needs to stay this way.

Alternatively, you can also email me or send me a private message here if you'd like to participate to expedite the process. Demonslayers forum isn't a Battlestar forum. I don't want to compete with Colonial Fleets or Two-Brain's site. I don't care to have my board become a debate center for all things BSG. I LOVE Battlestar Galactica, don't get me wrong! But, that was also part of the reason I deleted the other forum, was that it really wasn't on-topic for the purpose for which it was created. This one will be. I will be inviting the Neverwinter Nights community to visit when it's actually playable, but since most of you know me from here, I wanted you guys to get a preview opportunity. The Neverwinter Nights community is huge, so I assume there will be several interested players coming from there when I announce it. But, you guys have been my comrades in arms for a long time, so you get first crack at playing if you want it.

Sincerely,

Ken Thomson
www.demonslayers.com
Raymar3d is offline   Reply With Quote