View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #47
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
Where was Baltar in the episode? Who ordered the attack?
Baltar doesn't appear in the episode. We just see the incoming fighter attack at the beginning and then after the two suicide hits, no further sign of the Cylons.

It is easy to assume of course that Baltar ordered the attack. Here I present my take on the order of things (to fill in the gaps so to speak) that I've done in my adaptation.

This story takes place very soon after the events of LL, probably just a matter of days (at least long enough for Sheba to get out of the Life Station). Baltar is staggering from many losses so he decides on this gambit of loading what remaining fighters he has with solonite (to make them more lethal in suicide hits) for his last best hope of destroyinig the Galactica.

But after this attack we see at episode's beginning, there can be nothing further because in effect Baltar has run out of fighters to make a new attack possible, and he has no time to take on new reinforcements if he's to follow the Galactica still (this would explain why in WOTG, he seems to lack the capability to launch an assault on the Galactica and also explains why there's no danger of a massive strike to try and rescue Baltar after he's taken prisoner).

That's my take at least. Any others?
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote